2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic interview this. I would challenge anyone that has doubts over Dyche to listen to this and come out of it still doubting him. He undeniably gets us and is desperate to do well, he’s also well aware of our shortcomings and what we need to do.

I’m hoping for a long reign of Dyche with constant improvement, even if it’s only slight time after time. He’s a proper manager.
Absolutely this. Particularly impressed with how he said this is nothing to celebrate, and so much work needs to be done. He gets next season for me. Ease us into Bramley Moore you magnificent scotch egg

I know you don't, but the bar being set at 44 points is way, way to low an expectation. Fair play to him for doing what he has but if this is to to be the expectation then it has to be set much, much higher.
I’m not dyche’s biggest fan in terms of his football and tactics. But we were in a right mess when we took over, lost Gordon in January and bought no one. Had no striker for 2/3 of the season. Just maybe he deserves a summer transfer window to see what he can do.

Absolutely this. Particularly impressed with how he said this is nothing to celebrate, and so much work needs to be done. He gets next season for me. Ease us into Bramley Moore you magnificent scotch egg
Definitely. The fact is if he got no one other than a Chris Wood-esque lump of a striker in summer we’d still be in a much better situation with him than we have been.

Someone else said but he’d have averaged 44 points over a season if you look at his tally since coming in, that’s without a striker or full backs for the majority of the games, as well as inheriting a squad that was down and unfit.

The jobs he’s done has been fantastic, the fact of the matter is we all knew how dreadful this Everton side has been and he got a tune out of them at times. With a squad of his own and after a preseason we’re in such a better spot.

Dyche can do all that without money. That was his bread and butter at Burnley.

Overall, he fits the bill of someone that has better fundamentals and experience to make a solid Everton team with very little.

We're at ground zero now. Hopefully new investors, new board, a fresh approach means we go into the new stadium a decent midtable team.

Then try and improve each year.

I hope so too.
I know that today the hope is going to be sky high, and keep building until August, but I can't help thinking just 4-5 good signings can improve this team dramatically. Quite a few good managers have also shown the 'old fashioned' approach of good coaching + tactics too, so I hope that's what we get from Dyche too and that also adds a few points. Why can't we aim high? I hope that we do.

Spot on this.

"Players can get trapped in low-level acceptance and there have been times where they have thought it will be all right and it won't be all right. You have to continually work for it - you can't just accept all right, you have to strive for more.

"You've got to remember, the rhetoric around here has been negative all the time. There is an undercurrent at Everton Football Club. We've got to change that. It's only us that can change that."

He's defo talking about Iwobi lol

Status
Not open for further replies.