2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mostly , but the only concern i have is that is it another drastic change in direction - tactics, transfers, squad, youth policy, new personnel ... are we resetting again, and this time with no money? Dyche seems to talk a really good game, but we might be looking at a year in which the target is just 50 points or something. We are not gonna be going up in the table like Villa, Newcastle or Brighton sadly, but i really hope we are proved wrong. At least one of the 'traditional top 6' always have an off-year, and so there's always at least 2 places up for grabs in the top 8 and LFC, Spurs and Chelsea are all in transition. WIsh we could look upwards fast!

Dyche can do all that without money. That was his bread and butter at Burnley.

Overall, he fits the bill of someone that has better fundamentals and experience to make a solid Everton team with very little.

We're at ground zero now. Hopefully new investors, new board, a fresh approach means we go into the new stadium a decent midtable team.

Then try and improve each year.

I know you don't, but the bar being set at 44 points is way, way to low an expectation. Fair play to him for doing what he has but if this is to to be the expectation then it has to be set much, much higher.
That is currently the most we should expect given the dire situation the board has put our club in. It's going to be a long slow rebuild, Moyes style.

Can't say I'd be bothered if they sacked him or if he stays for next season. Talks a good game but some of his decisions in getting to this point were damned strange - sticking with Keane, using Maupay so much, ignoring Mina, freezing out Simms. The club need to be fair with him if they do keep him, and either find him the funds or allow him to decide who's sold to generate funds and allow him to do some sort of a rebuild.

“Everton aren’t we??” - Sean Dyche

Fantastic interview this. I would challenge anyone that has doubts over Dyche to listen to this and come out of it still doubting him. He undeniably gets us and is desperate to do well, he’s also well aware of our shortcomings and what we need to do.

I’m hoping for a long reign of Dyche with constant improvement, even if it’s only slight time after time. He’s a proper manager.

He deserves to be manager for the start of the season but we should sack him if things go round early on. Can't do another Lampard post Bournemouth situation.

When Dyche came in everyone said the only way we would stay up is if we eke out 1-0 wins. Well we beat Arsenal 1-0, Leeds 1-0, Brentford 1-0 and now thank Christ, we beat Bournemouth 1-0.

He used what tools he had and he deserves the credit for that.

I have to say this is definitely the worst Everton team I’ve ever seen and we’ve seen some stinking sides so it’s a massive achievement to keep us up.

But this simply cannot keep happening. We need serious changes in the summer, not just the boardroom, but strikers need bringing in, creative midfielders, and some squad players, as we all seen the kip of that bench today.

Status
Not open for further replies.