2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he was caught by the ball played behind him in the build up the first goal but what followed in the area was a fiasco from about four other players and a complete failure to close down the shot.

But let's put all the blame on Seamus.
Blame the whole 11 - plus the Managers selection & formation - DCL is being blamed for the lot too .... they looked like 11 strangers out there yesterday ..... Coleman was no worse than anyone else IMO

….thought he coped well with Barnes. There was two ways he could mark him, either he gets in tight or he gives him plenty of space to stop him getting beyond him. He went for the former which worked ok but it meant he wasn’t able to tuck inside and Leicester exploited the void he left.

i counted at least 3 times Dewsbury-Hall had free runs behind the back four down his channel.

Still thought he did ok yesterday, the big problems are elsewhere.

….thought he coped well with Barnes. There was two ways he could mark him, either he gets in tight or he gives him plenty of space to stop him getting beyond him. He went for the former which worked ok but it meant he wasn’t able to tuck inside and Leicester exploited the void he left.

i counted at least 3 times Dewsbury-Hall had free runs behind the back four down his channel.

Still thought he did ok yesterday, the big problems are elsewhere.
I'd like to have seen him get a lot closer tbh. Stood off him too much.

Thankfully Barnes wasn't on top form...not that it mattered in the end like.

….he just needs to play & he’ll get up to where he was before his injury. He’s good and he’s progressive, he’s the way forward.

I think so too mate hes a serious talent, he was in excellent form before his injury, he needs to build momentum again.

I was surprised to see Seamus yesterday, I don’t think he’s up to playing the amount of games he has recently really - some weekend - midweek - weekend, his time for that has passed in my opinion. Thought it was a poor choice, without knowing all the context of fitness granted.

I think so too mate hes a serious talent, he was in excellent form before his injury, he needs to build momentum again.

I was surprised to see Seamus yesterday, I don’t think he’s up to playing the amount of games he has recently really - some weekend - midweek - weekend, his time for that has passed in my opinion. Thought it was a poor choice, without knowing all the context of fitness granted.

….I have a view Lampard selected Coleman on a ‘hunch’, a feeling the old fella could use his guile to nullify the threat of Barnes. I also think we underestimate Coleman’s influence on other players, I think it gets him game time but I wouldn’t blame Lampard for that in our current plight.

….I have a view Lampard selected Coleman on a ‘hunch’, a feeling the old fella could use his guile to nullify the threat of Barnes. I also think we underestimate Coleman’s influence on other players, I think it gets him game time but I wouldn’t blame Lampard for that in our current plight.

Was looking at results since Nathan’s been out of the team mate, they’ve tailed off, it might just be a coincidence but anecdotally performces have laked energy also, I think he brings more energy, penetration, support for Gordon and lessens isolation. The blend is just better empowering a better team dynamic. Blend in the game is often overlooked.

Seamus as you say offers loads, wonderful leader, expierence and service, he owes us nothing, I just don’t think his powers at the moment lend themselves to as much football as he’s played.

Our problem at the moment isn’t defending, it’s scoring and in the modern day your full backs have to be part of the offensive threat, Nathan allows Anthony support and ability to come inside more, all roads lead to Nathan in my opinion mate.

Last edited:
Was looking at results since Nathan’s been out of the team mate, they’ve tailed off, it might just be a coincidence but anecdotally performces have laked energy also, I think he brings more energy, penetration, support for Gordon and lessens isolation. The blend is just better empowering a better team dynamic. Blend in the game is often overlooked.

Seamus as you say offers loads, wonderful leader, expierence and service, he owes us nothing, I just don’t think his powers at the moment lend themselves to as much football as he’s played.

Our problem at the moment isn’t defending, it’s scoring and in the modern day your full backs have to be part of the offensive threat, Nathan allows Anthony support and ability to come inside more, all roads lead to Nathan in my opinion mate.

….and me, Patterson is the future.

i actually think he’s been a lot stronger defensively than I expected & I don’t think he’s offered as much as he can going forward.

i think he’d be lots better with somebody other than Gordon ahead of him. He needs a partner, he needs blend & Gordon isn’t that player. Regardless, I actually see Gordon on the other flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.