2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really hasnt been that bad, sure hes had bad moments, but on the main hes been solid, of course he offers not a lot going forward.

We need better, that I think we can all agree on, I just dont think hes been as bad as some claim, overall.

I think he's been really poor, he doesn't have the legs to play to what used to be his strengths. I've probably been more comfortable watching him on the right of a back three than at fb or wb lately.

Dont understand the hate he gets
Cost the club basically nothing (given we sold Andrew Johnson to Fulham 6 months earlier than he joined for £12 million and Lescott 6 months later than he joined for £25 million)
Has given years of service, who can forget the ball juggling run vs Arsenal in Bobby Brown shoes first season
Suffered an appalling injury on international duty that kept him out for 10 months (Everton that…)
And always gives his 100%
His major crime is declining in his later years, playing in teams that have progressively got worse offering him less and less protection, (let’s be honest Keane vs Jagielka is not even a contest!) and Everton’s bizarre inability to replace him when it’s been glaringly obvious he needs replacing. The only attempt has been Sidibe who was woeful and in that season Coleman played 2 more games than Sidibe ?‍♂️
The last 4 seasons he’s played 29, 27, 25 and so far excluding tomorrow 30 games when he’s been past his best, finally make an attempt in Patterson to find a replacement but due to the fact we’ve been s@?t for most of the season he’s played 1/2 a game then suffered the curse of finch farm…
roll on 22/23!!…….he’ll probably play more than 20 games though!

Dont understand the hate he gets
Cost the club basically nothing (given we sold Andrew Johnson to Fulham 6 months earlier than he joined for £12 million and Lescott 6 months later than he joined for £25 million)
Has given years of service, who can forget the ball juggling run vs Arsenal in Bobby Brown shoes first season
Suffered an appalling injury on international duty that kept him out for 10 months (Everton that…)
And always gives his 100%
His major crime is declining in his later years, playing in teams that have progressively got worse offering him less and less protection, (let’s be honest Keane vs Jagielka is not even a contest!) and Everton’s bizarre inability to replace him when it’s been glaringly obvious he needs replacing. The only attempt has been Sidibe who was woeful and in that season Coleman played 2 more games than Sidibe ?‍♂️
The last 4 seasons he’s played 29, 27, 25 and so far excluding tomorrow 30 games when he’s been past his best, finally make an attempt in Patterson to find a replacement but due to the fact we’ve been s@?t for most of the season he’s played 1/2 a game then suffered the curse of finch farm…
roll on 22/23!!…….he’ll probably play more than 20 games though!

I think thats the issue there and its frustration probably more at Everton. We've all known it for the past few years and the club hasnt addressed it.

It's a myth that he's been poor. Is he the Coleman that was the best right back in the league once apon a time? Obviously not but he's got the better of plenty of wingers this year, his move to the middle has generally been good. His attitude and love for the club has rubbed off on many of the players, Mykolenko and Dele have said as much.

Will not be a guaranteed starter next year, Patterson will eventually take over. We have many problems but Coleman isn't a priority

Sunk cost fallacy
Or just someone who rates him higher than yourself which tbh isn’t that high a hurdle
Not the sharpest tool in the box and no technical or tactical ability on the field.

Correction: the worst Everton player I've seen in FORTY years.

Currently the worst player in the Premier League.

He's utter turd and has been for 90% of his 'career'.

It's being said on here about not getting the hate for Coleman. I would hope that any criticism of him is not because of hate cos lets face it he's been here and given his all in every game he's played in which can't be said for many others in recent years. I would hope that rather than hate the criticism is coming from the fact he can't do what he used to do for us and we need to look at replacing him. Whether Patterson is that replacement we've yet to see but sooner or later it comes to all professional footballers father time has caught up with him. I don't have any hate but respect for him but it's time to move the club on to another younger model. I'd still keep him for one more season though as back up and a talisman for the team as i think you can see what lampard thinks of him so he's defo involved next season whatever happens.

It's a myth that he's been poor. Is he the Coleman that was the best right back in the league once apon a time? Obviously not but he's got the better of plenty of wingers this year, his move to the middle has generally been good. His attitude and love for the club has rubbed off on many of the players, Mykolenko and Dele have said as much.

Will not be a guaranteed starter next year, Patterson will eventually take over. We have many problems but Coleman isn't a priority
Play him in a wheel chair. We got him for nothing!

We needed a replacement way before January 2022, Coleman himself requested for the past 3 seasons that they find a replacement for him as a matter of urgency as physically. The club's recruitment has failed him.

Seen this mentioned alot this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.