2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was reported earlier this season. Basically told them he didn't think his body could take playing week in week out. Which we all knew.
Where did this 'report' come from?

I read someone say it on here and suddenly it was taken as gospel.

"I asked them to replace me years ago because I'm physically not up to playing in the premier league. But i soldiered on not because of the £75k a week, it was all for the love of the club"...really?!?! :eek:

Hardly seems realistic especially when weve actually seen him put in the occasional truly outstanding performance amongst numerous games wheres hes been a weak link and not showed the right attitude or desire.

He certainly picks when to act like a captain on the pitch...jogging back so many times and not complaining to the referee.

Does my head in.
??? mate. Are you for real? Hes a woeful right back. Has been for 4 years. Youre going on like I've insulted his wife and kids. I thought we wanted to move on from this sentimentality and "jobs for the boys"? The guy shouldn't even be starting, never mind being club captain!!

Right mate, show me his impact.
#cultofcoleman

I am yes.

Hes made mistakes recently, yes.

But he was the first person Lampard turned to, I think he knows his value more than us.

Last ten posts have all been in this thread. But Kirkdale is not someone whose sole focus is on slating Seamus Coleman!! lol

I love the fella . Maybe he shouldn't have to be playing as much as he does , but he gives his all when called upon . Sadly , due to the ravages of time and age , his best on the day isn't always enough . I was made up for him when he scored the opener against Leeds and shut up the idiots on here . I , along with others , have watched players come and go who were nowhere near the player Seamus is . As @davek says , you cannot be an Evertonian and hate him

…I have often posted that he must be a very special man. I knew the regard he is held at the IFA, but then you see the likes of Ancelotti regularly seeking his counsel and Lampard’s comments simply confirms it.

As @davek says, we all should embrace his association with the club. I welcomed the signing of Patterson but in these last weeks I’ve been thankful to see Coleman’s name on the team sheet.

He was up against Zaha on Thursday and used his guile to largely keep that major threat at bay. Let’s not forget, it was Zaha who fouled Coleman and gave us the free-kick that led to the DCL goal.

Seamus Coleman is one of ours and I will always be grateful for that.

…I have often posted that he must be a very special man. I knew the regard he is held at the IFA, but then you see the likes of Ancelotti regularly seeking his counsel and Lampard’s comments simply confirms it.

As @davek says, we all should embrace his association with the club. I welcomed the signing of Patterson but in these last weeks I’ve been thankful to see Coleman’s name on the team sheet.

He was up against Zaha on Thursday and used his guile to largely keep that major threat at bay. Let’s not forget, it was Zaha who fouled Coleman and gave us the free-kick that led to the DCL goal.

Seamus Coleman is one of ours and I will always be grateful for that.

Good post again Eggs - did you meant the FAI?? IFA is NI. :cool:

Where did this 'report' come from?

I read someone say it on here and suddenly it was taken as gospel.

"I asked them to replace me years ago because I'm physically not up to playing in the premier league. But i soldiered on not because of the £75k a week, it was all for the love of the club"...really?!?! :eek:

Hardly seems realistic especially when weve actually seen him put in the occasional truly outstanding performance amongst numerous games wheres hes been a weak link and not showed the right attitude or desire.

He certainly picks when to act like a captain on the pitch...jogging back so many times and not complaining to the referee.

Does my head in.

#cultofcoleman
It was mentioned in an Athletic article.

Zat, you don't like him because he's over 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.