2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely should be a squad player for another year. Clear as day how important he is to this club. Carlo and Frank absolutely love him.
An aging captain who Carlo compared to Maldini and Lampard calls one of the best and neither got to work with him in his prime. A truly great 1 club captain, leader and Evertonian - will be greatly missed when he calls it a day by almost everyone except "the white dog poo" lovers who seemingly know better than everyone else. Hope he gets a giant statue just to piss them off. Have a great summer Captain and rest up.

He can't start next season.

It's not like he hasn't made positive contributions this season, he has, but he's been a liability in a noticeable number of games, too. The miles on the clock are showing. It's been kind of heartbreaking to see as he's been one of my favourite players of the last 10 years.

He's probably got another year in him, but he needs to be replaced sooner rather than later.

I don’t think he’s away. But I do think this is his last year (coming up). His contract runs out next season. I think he’ll see his contract out assess his options. I think from that tunnel video that Frank obviously rates him highly, and would want good people around him especially people that bleed blue and that is seamus. But it’s if Seamus wants to carry on playing for another year or two at being a starter elsewhere, I’ve no complaints if he’s going to be a bit part player and play when there’s injuries or cup games, a bit like what bainesy did back end of his career. Seamus can’t play every game like this year, we’ve hung him out to dry at times, when he’s needed a rest he hasn’t got one. But he’s played, that’s testament to him. I think he knows he’s coming to the back end of his career now. He should be kept around aswell, he’s rated so highly within the club by his peers and coaching staff that losing him altogether just couldn’t happen imo.

No room for sentiment. He‘ll be on a big wage. In our current financial predicament with FFP we have to get the best value in every position.

Hopefully he wants a new challenge.

If his name is on the sheet for the first game of the season we can kiss goodbye anything more than mid-table.
Mid table is a realistic target for next season. We have a very average squad, and that's being kind to them, if we then take Pickford, DCL or Richarlison or indeed all three of them out, we will be left with a threadbare squad. The way to address that is a piece at a time, no more buying faded players who are surplus to requirements at the bigger clubs, rather a controlled plan to build a squad which can compete for Europe in 2 or 3 seasons.

We are our own worst enemies as fans sometimes, the club is badly run, in a perilous financial position and with a very limited squad. Being disappointed by mid table next season is unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.