2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't take offence to it personally but it's understandable that jokes about genocide can irk people. Particularly when the troubles have continued in to recent times.

By the way, I think it's good we can take the piss out of each other over it. When people can laugh about their past and differences it's definitely a good thing.

Entirely agree. It is not so much what is written, rather it is the spirit in which it is written that is important. And that is sometimes very difficult to communicate via the written word as it is devoid of mannerisms, smiles, gestures etc and is therefore open to interpretation in a way contrary to that intended by the author.

I am reminded of my flying days in the RAF in the mid 1980's. We had a german navigator on an exchange posting with my squadron. One day we were positioning from Heathrow to Bahrain courtesy of BCal and were in WH Smiths to get some reading material. German navigator calls the youngest member of our crew over to him with 'Hey, Engineer. Come look at zis book. Its very good book!'

The book was titled 'The Battle of Britain!'

German Nav puts his arm around our young crew member and says

'Yes, very good book.....................Very sad ending!'

Cue one VC10 crew collapsing on the floor in hysterics.

The point being, that I think humour can be an effective way to bring people back together again but there are pitfalls when using the written word to try to do it.

Last edited:
Recall Martina
1536673919150.jpeg

He is allowed to have two poor games after 4 solid seasons

Two strikes can’t have another :) . He’s been bad recently but he’s one of the best RB I’m the league when he’s playing well, and like you mentioned , he’s been playing well for a few years now. He’s had a massive injury and came through that mentally unscathed , his mentality will be strong enough for him to pull out of this slump and hopefully back to his best IMO

would rather we recalled tony hibbert from a fishing lake than martina, his name still haunts me
it would be fantastic if the great Hibbo came back to shore up the leaky defence... and chip in with a few of his trademark wonder goals. Hopefully the bad blood sourced over his non-extension of contract has been sorted and a lengthy new contract can be offered to the club legend.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/socc...f-poland-clash-with-foot-injury-37301192.html

He's pulled out of the Ireland squad with a foot injury. Some folk will be happy with this news given recent comments in this thread.
so on this forum its now acceptable to make jokes about the irish famine?? why get wound up about it lads it happened a long time ago (unbelievable comment) :rolleyes: when can we make joke about the holocaust, world wars, slave trade etc etc, is their a time limit? (n)

and Brexit

The utter litter of clowns.

For a country with such a fearful hatred of immigration there is tremendous evidence of endemic inbreeding.

Another player injured on Ireland duty. Does Roy Keane join in training or something? Maybe O’Neill has them shifting furniture. What’s going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.