2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

dublinbluenose

Player Valuation: £70m
Seamus Coleman - 2018/19 Player Performance Thread

Thread Sponsor: @dublinbluenose

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Seamus Coleman's 2018/19 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

He was 20 yards out of position for their first two goals yesterday,too far forward for a full back,completely different if he’s a wing back,
Just saying.

He was 20 yards out of position for their first two goals yesterday,too far forward for a full back,completely different if he’s a wing back,
Just saying.

The idea is to get the full backs well advanced. That's how Silva plays. The 2 midfielders should then be dropping in to cover if we get turned over. Neither could be arsed.

It's also difficult for Coleman because he kept having to cover inside due to the chronic lack of pace from the other 3 defenders. And that left him exposed down his flank. It's a personnel issue.

Just saying.

I only caught the second half but they were getting a ridiculous amount of space down the right flank then as well. Absolutely no cover at all. Our players don't seem to want to help each other out.

I get that completely,
My point being that if you know the players aren’t going to cover for you,you don’t bomb on.

I get that completely,
My point being that if you know the players aren’t going to cover for you,you don’t bomb on.
That may be true in a Sunday league team where you have to make more managerial type decisions because you don’t have a proper structure but if Silva tells him to get up the pitch as often as possible and it’s Schniderlin’s job to fill in for him when he does then he should do as he’s told, it’s the managers plan. His comments about the team needing to work harder is probably a direct reflection of his day yesterday where he’s bust a gut to get forward like he’s supposed to and then sees his cover strolling around out of position.

If he sees these things going wrong in a league match where it matters more then yeah he should stop going forward but yesterday he’s just highlighted a problem the new management needs to address or we won’t get the best out of Coleman.

Got to be made captain for me; doesn't chat wham and stands up for his teammates on the pitch. He's right though that a bad result shouldn't automatically mean we the fans blame the manager. He sounded pretty pissed at how crap out defensive/midfield is too.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...seamus-coleman-evertons-worrying-pre-14965170

“I don't think we should get carried away too early with negativity or whatever,” Coleman said.

“It's pre-season, he's getting to know us and we're getting to know the manager and I have to say that training has been great, his ideas have been good but we haven't taken that onto the pitch.

“Sometimes we need to look at the players, it always seems to be managers nowadays, but we need to look at ourselves and that wasn't good enough but we can't get carried away with too much negativity, it's still early days.

“I'm sure the manager will be busy, possibly, in the next couple of weeks to get his own type of players in and we need to make sure us lads who are out there, and in training, do all we can to impress him.

“But we're competitors at the end of the day so it was massively disappointing to lose 4-1 like that.”

He added: “I thought we did create a couple of things but I felt that when we gave it away, one or two passes and they were in on our goal. He wants us to win the ball back quicker and we didn't take that onto the pitch and it's something we need to look at.

“It's disappointing, we're not hiding away from it and nobody is making excuses because you don't want to be losing games in pre-season but we've got to be a little bit calm and take a step back and realise the Wolves game is all important.”

Asked what the biggest change Silva was trying to implement, Coleman said: “Togetherness, a compact team, and everyone doing their job for the team.

“That's what Everton is all about, we can't carry anyone, we're not in the top four, we need to fight every game – home and away – so we need to make sure we're all together, we all need to understand wherever we've came from we're at Everton now and we need to work hard.

“The manager sees that and he is big on us being together on the pitch. Look, I'm excited for the season ahead and fingers crossed we can get a few fresh faces in because we need that competition for places.”

Good to hear Seamus. Thought this was interesting:

“...we all need to understand wherever we've came from we're at Everton now and we need to work hard.”

That’s not just a throw-away comment.
Defo for Mirallas and Schneiderlin

DjQx97XXgAAMZml.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.