Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
complacency and lack of forward planning ruined us and set us back

Couldn't agree more mate. Spot on there. And I have no problem with the Mersey Millionaires tag either. What I'm suggesting is that we've been the Merseyside paupers when it comes down to real investment. And as a result our competitors have pulled away.

Maybe with the right Board and Manager we'll get back to were we belong. Here's hoping anyway. I think as supporters we could do with some forward planning and a little good fortune to cheer us all up.

Not buying this decades set back thing either, yeah the club does need clearing out top to bottom, but the game moves fast and long as the clubs backed financially AND starts making good appointments, then we can start to push on, big if though ofc.

Tim Sherwood was appointed Tottenham manager in December 2013. Funny game football if you get the right people in the right positions.

Tim Sherwood was appointed Tottenham manager in December 2013. Funny game football if you get the right people in the right positions.

Can look closer to home mate, Hodgson was their manager in 2011 signing the likes of Konchesky, Poulsen and Cole now they are gonna be playing in a CL QF in a months time, look nailed on for back to back top 4 finishes and are certainly a million miles away from where they where back then.

It's all about improving the competency of the senior figures at the club (CEO, Chairman), getting in a manager who can improve players a lot and having someone who is good at setting out a long term plan and executing it at both managerial and DoF level.

Do that to a very good level and any clubs direction can be spun around in 1-3 years maximum (as long as they have at least a solid amount of funding in place - which we do)

I can’t see how Moshiri will want him for next season. We’re hearing things about a big overhaul at the club so if that’s true the manager has to go too
When was an Everton manager last given such a short contract, it is clear Moshiri had plans from day one to bin him in the summer when better managers will be available.

It will only cost 6m to pay him off, cheap if it was double that if it means he's gone.

Great overview of Allardyce there from Mark O'Brien:

"The more you actually listen to the former England manager, the more you realise that his career has almost been a piece of performance art. His ability to survive, to instinctively attach himself to clubs at the optimum time, learn just enough buzzwords to sound plausible, and then to craft a glowing ‘narrative’ around himself, and to get enough other people to buy into that narrative, is in itself a work of near genius."
Where's that from Dave?, I'd like to read it.

Explain how they love him?
It's all relative.

I have been to the past 3 training camps in dubai.

Martinez nobody was arsed and didn't listen to him.
Koeman was just a bit dour and stood on the touchline looking a bit cheesed off.

Today, even though the session was mainly Shakespeare and Lee, Allardyce was involved and encouraging from the sidelines.

After training before warm down in the gym they gathered around like eager to please kids and were hanging onto every word.

So maybe not love him, but they definitely enjoyed the session and have great respect for him.

Duncan has been reduced to pretty much moving training equipment around.

It's all relative.

I have been to the past 3 training camps in dubai.

Martinez nobody was arsed and didn't listen to him.
Koeman was just a bit dour and stood on the touchline looking a bit cheesed off.

Today, even though the session was mainly Shakespeare and Lee, Allardyce was involved and encouraging from the sidelines.

After training before warm down in the gym they gathered around like eager to please kids and were hanging onto every word.

So maybe not love him, but they definitely enjoyed the session and have great respect for him.

Duncan has been reduced to pretty much moving training equipment around.

Thanks for the update and refreshing to hear.

Far too much negative stuff on here bagging him just because it’s fashionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.