Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It deffo feels that way, he was at Bolton for about 8 years though!
Part of that was in the championship though and also the league and the game in general was very different back then to what it is now. Everywhere else he has been short term in his appointments, at Newcastle and West Ham he was pretty much hounded out by the fans for the same reason we don't like him.

That mate was like decades ago when he was very young.

Part of that was in the championship though and also the league and the game in general was very different back then to what it is now. Everywhere else he has been short term in his appointments, at Newcastle and West Ham he was pretty much hounded out by the fans for the same reason we don't like him.

Just to be clear I want him gone ASAP

Think at West Ham he got a 2 year extension after he kept them up but then he got hounded out. In his autobiography you can see he has a lot of disdain for West Ham

The common theme was they hated the type of footy he had them playing under him.

Just to be clear I want him gone ASAP

Think at West Ham he got a 2 year extension after he kept them up but then he got hounded out. In his autobiography you can see he has a lot of disdain for West Ham

the only club's he's been liked at are the small clubs ie Bolton Blackburn sunderland etc

west ham Newcastle and ourselves all detest him

not saying west ham and Newcastle are big clubs, but I mean big fan bases and overegg how good they are ( a bit like us )

But isn't that why he was appointed? He inherited a rag-tag team of other managers' players, at least half of which he wouldn't have bought to the club, and is trying to make the best of a bad lot. If he can continue to bring in the likes of Theo then who knows?

I guess that depends on your view on how likely we were to go down. I was as concerned as the next Evertonian about our form but I was never convinced we were really in the mix for relegation.

Even so, now we're looking up rather than down, I can't imagine many managers going on about staying up as an achievement still.

He's protecting himself by sticking to this objective, rather than putting a target of say 7th out there, to put a little bit of competitive pressure on.

I'm not completely on the 'Sam out' train yet but we need a change of mindset in my view.

the only club's he's been liked at are the small clubs ie Bolton Blackburn sunderland etc

west ham Newcastle and ourselves all detest him

not saying west ham and Newcastle are big clubs, but I mean big fan bases and overegg how good they are ( a bit like us )

Sunderland >>>> Newcastle

Great overview of Allardyce there from Mark O'Brien:

"The more you actually listen to the former England manager, the more you realise that his career has almost been a piece of performance art. His ability to survive, to instinctively attach himself to clubs at the optimum time, learn just enough buzzwords to sound plausible, and then to craft a glowing ‘narrative’ around himself, and to get enough other people to buy into that narrative, is in itself a work of near genius."
He is a charlatan and a fraud who was exposed for the liar he is by a sting operation - and then he went on Telly and said he knew what we needed to be saved, back to basics and the club bought the con completely.We are the mark and he is playing out the long con.
He knows he’s no manager but if he doesn’t get the sack in May then he’ll be looking for an extension of his contract and God forbid his lies and unrealities will kick into overdrive and then after 6 months he’ll be gone and and will have moved to his next con.

I agree but unfortunately that's the landscape we are now operating under. As a club, we are miles behind Arsenal, let alone Spurs. That's the new reality and we have to deal with it. Sacking Allardyce? I'm sorry that ain't gonna change Jack.

Root and branch re-structuring is what is needed. Throughout the club. It's pointless now even playing the blame game. Identify the problems, weaknesses and change them. Otherwise the best we can hope for, is scraping by as nearly-rans. Which is a travesty considering, and ultimately the real legacy of mismanagement at our club.

At this stage the damage that has been done, may take years or decades to reverse, for us to eventually compete again. Certainly we need a vision that unfortunately appears nettle-like for our current board to grasp. Tough decisions need to be made. And a lot of dead wood needs to go.

Up until the return derby last season and Coleman's injury then we had an outside shot at 4th place still mate, after the loss and the injury the team and manager just settled for seventh and we mailed in the last set of games, the reality was we weren't actually that far off top 4/6 last season, and where a mile above the rest of the league as well.

The teams in the top 6 - not sure if any of them improved much besides city really, arsenal certainly have gone back imo, spurs, Chelsea, united, the rs, all around a similar level. Just we went backwards hugely.

For the position we where at, and the money spent, the owner was clearly expecting us to turn it into a distinct top 7 and for us to push higher, just so happens that we wasted that money and created a mess of a squad though.

The same target should be there for the club though, and with proper recruitment, it is achievable to push into the top 6 etc.

I agree but unfortunately that's the landscape we are now operating under. As a club, we are miles behind Arsenal, let alone Spurs. That's the new reality and we have to deal with it. Sacking Allardyce? I'm sorry that ain't gonna change Jack.

Root and branch re-structuring is what is needed. Throughout the club. It's pointless now even playing the blame game. Identify the problems, weaknesses and change them. Otherwise the best we can hope for, is scraping by as nearly-rans. Which is a travesty considering, and ultimately the real legacy of mismanagement at our club.

At this stage the damage that has been done, may take years or decades to reverse, for us to eventually compete again. Certainly we need a vision that unfortunately appears nettle-like for our current board to grasp. Tough decisions need to be made. And a lot of dead wood needs to go.

Not buying this decades set back thing either, yeah the club does need clearing out top to bottom, but the game moves fast and long as the clubs backed financially AND starts making good appointments, then we can start to push on, big if though ofc.

That's a concern which has been at the back of my mind since the so called Premier League began. Just one long gravy train.

It's unpalatable and I'm even open to it being entirely baseless. But money is being made here. And not just drops in the ocean but vast amounts. Not just by players, agents or managers either.

There's something, I dunno, Un-Everton in the whole thing. Doesn't sit right with me, considering we're supposed to be the peoples club. Whatever that means. Of course there was a time when our benefactors actually put their own money into the club. Interest free, with no discernible gains.

But that's just old fashioned nowadays, for the over 40's and such like.

We where the Mersey millionaires before we where ever the people's club mate.

Let's not forget we where in that big club group which pushed and formed this current premier league.

Re writing history that a game awash with money etc is somehow against our ethos is wrong, we built our history on being a big and rich club which outspent the competition. We pushed for the setup we currently have thinking that we would be at the top of the pyramid as we where when it was setup.

Like many things complacency and lack of forward planning ruined us and set us back.

If we had had say a David dein in charge back then, the entire history of the club and current position would have been different to such a degree it's hardly fathomable thinking back now.

West ham fans hated him mate, that’s from a staunch season ticket holder
Doesn't mean he didn't do a great job.
A proportion of your fans hated him on principle, just like there's a proportion of Everton Fans who've done the same. Negatives are exaggerated by them to the point it infects other fans and all of a sudden there are calls for him to be sack after winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.