Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great overview of Allardyce there from Mark O'Brien:

"The more you actually listen to the former England manager, the more you realise that his career has almost been a piece of performance art. His ability to survive, to instinctively attach himself to clubs at the optimum time, learn just enough buzzwords to sound plausible, and then to craft a glowing ‘narrative’ around himself, and to get enough other people to buy into that narrative, is in itself a work of near genius."

Great overview of Allardyce there from Mark O'Brien:

"The more you actually listen to the former England manager, the more you realise that his career has almost been a piece of performance art. His ability to survive, to instinctively attach himself to clubs at the optimum time, learn just enough buzzwords to sound plausible, and then to craft a glowing ‘narrative’ around himself, and to get enough other people to buy into that narrative, is in itself a work of near genius."
Yeah, I read this yesterday and couldn't agree more now that I really think about it. It's a shameful position we've ended up in for whatever reason(I'm sure you have opinions on that, David), I just hope we look to sort something out in the summer, and not some half-assed job like we've been doing for a while now..

I agree but unfortunately that's the landscape we are now operating under. As a club, we are miles behind Arsenal, let alone Spurs. That's the new reality and we have to deal with it. Sacking Allardyce? I'm sorry that ain't gonna change Jack.

Root and branch re-structuring is what is needed. Throughout the club. It's pointless now even playing the blame game. Identify the problems, weaknesses and change them. Otherwise the best we can hope for, is scraping by as nearly-rans. Which is a travesty considering, and ultimately the real legacy of mismanagement at our club.

At this stage the damage that has been done, may take years or decades to reverse, for us to eventually compete again. Certainly we need a vision that unfortunately appears nettle-like for our current board to grasp. Tough decisions need to be made. And a lot of dead wood needs to go.

Agree completely. Allardyce needs to go in the summer but doing that and nothing else just ends in the probability that we continue to stagnate, and just get caught deeper in the spiral of revolving door managers.

I think Moshiris biggest issue is sacking Walsh in tandem with Allardyce. That would be an admission of failure be it on his or the clubs part and he may find it unpalatable. He would encounter much resistance internally but it would cement his position and standing considerably in my view.

He needs to do it though and if he does, it will go some part towards restoring my confidence in him.

Yeah, I read this yesterday and couldn't agree more now that I really think about it. It's a shameful position we've ended up in for whatever reason(I'm sure you have opinions on that, David), I just hope we look to sort something out in the summer, and not some half-assed job like we've been doing for a while now..
Every day waking up to him as Everton manager is like being forced to eat a turd sandwich.

Every day waking up to him as Everton manager is like being forced to eat a turd sandwich.
yIOY0oN.png

Well said Dave but really are you speaking from experience? Who force you to eat such a sandwich?

Now to a relevant point, just thinking a while back. Has BFS ever been at a club for more than 3 seasons or even 2? has nay experience of being at a club for the long term? Blowed if I know!

Well said Dave but really are you speaking from experience? Who force you to eat such a sandwich?

Now to a relevant point, just thinking a while back. Has BFS ever been at a club for more than 3 seasons or even 2? has nay experience of being at a club for the long term? Blowed if I know!

It deffo feels that way, he was at Bolton for about 8 years though!

I can’t see how Moshiri will want him for next season. We’re hearing things about a big overhaul at the club so if that’s true the manager has to go too

Status
Not open for further replies.