Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to go. They are not going to sack him until the end of the season. It doesnt make a lot of sense. I know he's dire but you get a temp manager in now and then have to get another manager in at the end of the season. That would be 5 in the space of a season. We have to stick out this dire campaign and hope for better next season.

Why is everyone convinced he will be sacked or resign at the end of the season? with the morons that make up our present board all still in charge? My feeling is that they are afraid to appoint a new manager as they are petrified of losing our league status and will go for what they believe (not me btw) is the safest option and that is keeping Allardyce and his cohorts. The only crumb of comfort for me is that if media reports are true then we may have a new dof soon which could be the catalyst for more changes but I won't be holding my breath.Everton board....accepting mediocrity since 1990

Why is everyone convinced he will be sacked or resign at the end of the season? with the morons that make up our present board all still in charge? My feeling is that they are afraid to appoint a new manager as they are petrified of losing our league status and will go for what they believe (not me btw) is the safest option and that is keeping Allardyce and his cohorts. The only crumb of comfort for me is that if media reports are true then we may have a new dof soon which could be the catalyst for more changes but I won't be holding my breath.Everton board....accepting mediocrity since 1990

Losing our league status shouldn't ever be a concern given the money we have to spend, it was only in jeopardy this season because we entrusted that money to Ronald Koeman and Steve Walsh, two of the most incompetent individuals to ever be associated with the club.

Either way don’t call people kopites
I wasn't,another poster called me one.Hence I suggested to a poster who had liked my post that for some members if you don't add the childish comedy insults to anything on Allardyce you can be accused of rs leanings.If you need me to I can point you in the direction of the post where I was called a Kopite which seemingly was missed by mods.

The club owner is first and foremost a business man who knows very little of football.To get a new stadium which would substantially increase the sell on value of the club he needs us to stay in the Prem,so I have a feeling sadly you might be correct.

Losing our league status shouldn't ever be a concern given the money we have to spend, it was only in jeopardy this season because we entrusted that money to Ronald Koeman and Steve Walsh, two of the most incompetent individuals to ever be associated with the club.
I totally agree with your comment 're league status, it should not be a concern. However it was the board who appointed these individuals, and given some of the incompetent decisions made over the last 30 years I do not trust them to have a decent plan or vision to take the club forward. Ok the stadium is a big plus but I think that this is where the bulk of our money is going to go over the next few years. I sincerely hope that there is a proper plan in place but nothing I have seen so far convinced me that this is the case. All I have heard from the board is weasel words.

I wasn't,another poster called me one.Hence I suggested to a poster who had liked my post that for some members if you don't add the childish comedy insults to anything on Allardyce you can be accused of rs leanings.If you need me to I can point you in the direction of the post where I was called a Kopite which seemingly was missed by mods.

I tend to agree some of the comments about Allardyce on here are complete nonsense...

What happens when the next manager has a bad run of results, will he be insulted & called to be sacked after 4 months to...

We must give our manager time to build a team gain confidence & progress forward...

Knee jerk reactions, ridiculing & booing can only be to the detriment of our team & club...

There is no quick easy fix & it will take time to get back to where we belong so give big Sam the chance to put things right...

I disagree tbf mate, if all Moshiri wanted was PL status why did he not give Fat Sam a 3-4 year deal?

My opinion is if Walah goes and someome like Brands comes in then Sam's finished. A poor derby showing would only accelerate that.

The season has been a disaster from the very start. This has been compounded by the season that our neighbours are having.

The gulf between the two clubs which appeared to be very small just twelve months ago now appears to be absolutely enormous.

We appear to have wasted a fortune in the transfer market, appointed a manager that is historic in his thinking and style of play and have generally fallen right back into the mediocrity that has been Everton for so long.

To be fair Sam Allyrdyce is only a small part of the problem and is also the bit most easily solved. If you want to find a silver lining in a dark cloud I think the football being played and the success being enjoyed by our neighbours is highlighting our current plight and maybe will force serious change during the summer.

The level of despair could quickly change with an announcement about the new ground and the appointment of a new manager(my choice being Emery).
We have seen that just spending money is not the answer alone.

I tend to agree some of the comments about Allardyce on here are complete nonsense...

What happens when the next manager has a bad run of results, will he be insulted & called to be sacked after 4 months to...

We must give our manager time to build a team gain confidence & progress forward...

Knee jerk reactions, ridiculing & booing can only be to the detriment of our team & club...

There is no quick easy fix & it will take time to get back to where we belong so give big Sam the chance to put things right...
It's symptom of the modern game,a few posters on the forum have suggested that it'll take a new young forward thinking manager with a five year plan to get us back to our rightful position...yeh! like thats going to happen.A few dodgy results and the booing at Goodison and the forum insults and calls for the chop will be back before his first season is ten games old.The word supporter has very little value these days.

When we first approached fathead it was a 6 month offer, we went after someone else, failed and then went back, fathead in a stronger position knew he could get more but knew also we only wanted him for 6 months.
Sort of over a barrel.
That's my version, the one with a scoony doo ending when the gravy stained fraudis hoofed out before the derby to give us a lift..

Status
Not open for further replies.