Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree some of the comments about Allardyce on here are complete nonsense...

What happens when the next manager has a bad run of results, will he be insulted & called to be sacked after 4 months to...

We must give our manager time to build a team gain confidence & progress forward...

Knee jerk reactions, ridiculing & booing can only be to the detriment of our team & club...

There is no quick easy fix & it will take time to get back to where we belong so give big Sam the chance to put things right...

We`re supposed to looking forwards, not backwards.

Allardyce`s whole managerial career proves that he is just another manager in the mold of Warnock, Pardew, Pullis, Hughes etc - dull, predictable football, that under normal circumstances won`t get you relegated.

You could sum up his CV in two words - Mid-table.

His style of football is rooted in the past and his appointment here was supposed to be his last chance to prove otherwise, which he hasn`t done.

He`s done what he was asked to do, keep us in the league, making our eyes bleed in the process.

He`s made no attempt to get the fans on board whatsoever, so why should we reciprocate ?

He sneers, he shrugs, he points the finger of blame at anyone but himself and this is the man you want as our manager next season ???

You`re either a multi on a WUM or an infrequent visitor from another teams forum ( make of that what you will )

Allardyce`s whole managerial career proves that he is just another manager in the mold of Warnock, Pardew, Pullis, Hughes etc - dull, predictable football, that under normal circumstances won`t get you relegated.

His style of football is rooted in the past and his appointment here was supposed to be his last chance to prove otherwise, which he hasn`t done.

He`s done what he was asked to do, keep us in the league, making our eyes bleed in the process.

He`s made no attempt to get the fans on board whatsoever, so why should we reciprocate ?

He sneers, he shrugs, he points the finger of blame at anyone but himself and this is the man you want as our manager next season ???

You`re either a multi on a WUM or an infrequent visitor from another teams forum ( make of that what you will )
I think the poster was only suggesting that whoever else we get will get the same ride as Allardyce if winning results aren't immediate.Trying to suggest he's a WUM (and something much worse) because he isn't towing the party line is a bit of a cheap shot

There isn't a guarantee about a ten game boo-in, it's not just about results, its about effort, looking bothered and trying your best and being prepared to compromise and having a plan b, the past and present incumbents having been lacking in some or all of those areas, we just want a manager who gives a flying one...

Thought the idea of a forum was to have a view & express an opinion...

What is right is not always popular & what is popular is not always right...

Last edited:

The only criticism of Sam which was uncalled for was the personal insults about his appearance or habits, constantly put out by some on here. These were not opinions on his suitability or otherwise, more an insight into the mindset of some of our fans, or an inability to express themselves without resorting to mindless written abusive remarks. Whoever comes to Everton when Sam goes, which I hope is very soon, will have a hell of a job to achieve any success. We are no longer an attractive prospect and that is evident when some fans proffer the Watford reject as our next manager. The owner must be worried sick at what comes next. Whoever it is probably won't last long anyway, and off we go again. I hope I am 100% wrong there.

I tend to agree some of the comments about Allardyce on here are complete nonsense...

What happens when the next manager has a bad run of results, will he be insulted & called to be sacked after 4 months to...

We must give our manager time to build a team gain confidence & progress forward...

Knee jerk reactions, ridiculing & booing can only be to the detriment of our team & club...

There is no quick easy fix & it will take time to get back to where we belong so give big Sam the chance to put things right...

Why give more time to a known quantity who will guarantee we fail? It pains me reading stuff like this.

What is right is not always popular, & what is popular is not always right...

What is right is not always popular, What is popular is not always right...

Thought the idea of a forum was to have a view & express an opinion...

What is right is not always popular & what is popular is not always right...

Alright chief we get it, you think you're right and you accept that you are not popular.

The only criticism of Sam which was uncalled for was the personal insults about his appearance or habits, constantly put out by some on here. These were not opinions on his suitability or otherwise, more an insight into the mindset of some of our fans, or an inability to express themselves without resorting to mindless written abusive remarks. Whoever comes to Everton when Sam goes, which I hope is very soon, will have a hell of a job to achieve any success. We are no longer an attractive prospect and that is evident when some fans proffer the Watford reject as our next manager. The owner must be worried sick at what comes next. Whoever it is probably won't last long anyway, and off we go again. I hope I am 100% wrong there.

This is what a lot of us are forgetting, Sam is here for a reason, if we were a well run club with a job available that decent managers want he wouldnt be here. But truth is he ended up here because of a series of bad decisions that were made prior to his arrival, several years worth. Its great wanting him out but this wont solve any problems without a full clean sweep and change of strategy.
To be honest I actually think Sam isn't as much of a problem as the ineptitude of the board, who have been taking us backwards since the day Moyes left

Big Sam has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons on this thread - with 17k replies !

Apologies in advance this is more a reflection / view of what I have seen on this thread than a specifc point I am making

I have had my bit to say not too much, I know I am risking repeating myself but just to clarify - I didnt want Sam as manager and dont want him to stay past his contract expiring but I could easily be labelled as a hypocrite as admittedly my posts have mainly been in his defense therefore against the popular opinion were the vast majority are totally against Sam .

Sometimes the tit for tat posting can become heated particular those eluding you are a G/S if you have anything positive to say about Sam to me this is going over board but in a weird way could also be taken positively as it shows how passionate we are about Everton - that it takes us to the point of losing it

I just want this season to end however I wont say no to a win against the R/S , lets hope the new season brings some positivety , the Board has made wise decisions and the required changes , IMO however the damage done is not going to be undone over night the cock ups in one season I believe unprecedented three managers , number of players that didnt fit in ?

If anyone watched the game from last night must realise the benefit of not having a dinosaur in charge of your football club.

I am starting to get the feeling he will e here in August.

This is what a lot of us are forgetting, Sam is here for a reason, if we were a well run club with a job available that decent managers want he wouldnt be here. But truth is he ended up here because of a series of bad decisions that were made prior to his arrival, several years worth. Its great wanting him out but this wont solve any problems without a full clean sweep and change of strategy.
To be honest I actually think Sam isn't as much of a problem as the ineptitude of the board, who have been taking us backwards since the day Moyes left
There you have a prime example along with a few others in the last couple of pages who clearly clearly know zilch about footy..:rolleyes:

I have posted previously about my distaste for now of the name calling and personal insults relating to Sam. I find a lot of it offensive and strangely it make me almost want to keep him here just to annoy those people even more.

However, the bigger picture is Everton and I think that where we are at the moment calls for a radical review of the football side of our club and Sam should not have a future in that for two reasons.

First.. he is an elder statesman of a manager at this stage of his career but he has a definite way of playing football and has used this all his working life as a manager. Football is constantly evolving and Sam and his methods have been left behind.
Leaving Sam in charge is an acceptance of mediocrity. We won't be relegated but we won't ever challenge to be a top team.

Second... appearance to the public...even though it should not be important , it is , and maybe even more important. We have spent a fortune in the transfer window, by the beginning of the new season we should at least have plans for our new ground and yet we are managed by a man whose biggest claim to fame is keeping teams safe from relegation.

Any way it is dressed up we will be seen as a mid table team and you can just see the apathy there will be amongst fans facing into the new season.

When there will be discussions about the coming season we will be talked about more in the group listed as relegation challengers than challengers for European football.

These are two reasons I want change and I don't need to insult or mock the man.

I disagree tbf mate, if all Moshiri wanted was PL status why did he not give Fat Sam a 3-4 year deal?

My opinion is if Walah goes and someome like Brands comes in then Sam's finished. A poor derby showing would only accelerate that.

Absolutely. Even if Mosh is only an astute business man, the investment in breaking through to the top 6 is dwarfed by the return. I look at Spurs as the example. I can find a Spurs jersey in most major stores here in America. That's just one example of the revenue opportunities by just being a GOOD team in England and having a decent kit deal. The worldwide TV revenues are insane, but they aren't getting lower. He's got a sugar Daddy that wants to increase his and his firm's presence in markets that football can help him reach.

But it starts with a better product on the pitch. Why on earth would he tolerate the garbage we are putting out there right now? These clowns are gone.

I have posted previously about my distaste for now of the name calling and personal insults relating to Sam. I find a lot of it offensive and strangely it make me almost want to keep him here just to annoy those people even more.

However, the bigger picture is Everton and I think that where we are at the moment calls for a radical review of the football side of our club and Sam should not have a future in that for two reasons.

First.. he is an elder statesman of a manager at this stage of his career but he has a definite way of playing football and has used this all his working life as a manager. Football is constantly evolving and Sam and his methods have been left behind.
Leaving Sam in charge is an acceptance of mediocrity. We won't be relegated but we won't ever challenge to be a top team.

Second... appearance to the public...even though it should not be important , it is , and maybe even more important. We have spent a fortune in the transfer window, by the beginning of the new season we should at least have plans for our new ground and yet we are managed by a man whose biggest claim to fame is keeping teams safe from relegation.

Any way it is dressed up we will be seen as a mid table team and you can just see the apathy there will be amongst fans facing into the new season.

When there will be discussions about the coming season we will be talked about more in the group listed as relegation challengers than challengers for European football.

These are two reasons I want change and I don't need to insult or mock the man.
It’s also nice to know people can change and join the masses. As you’ve definitely changed your tune on Sam over the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.