Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at West Bromwich now they kept hold of their relagation saviour and have declined rapidly due to his negative tactics and buys to the point where they are now down. That could happen to us. These guys are one dimensional we need to think outside the box, hell I'd take Silva over Big Sam. Silva will coach an attacking team, we may lose some but we will have a go, not wave the white flag crying any time a sky club rocks up at GP.

Wrong.

He was up for the pay day and nothing else.

He`s done nothing to try and change the perception of himself as a manager and he`s done nothing to try and restore his tarnished image, after getting caught with his fingers in the England till.

Not needed and never wanted and a stain on the clubs history still remains the case.
I don't agree with that. Idon't think there is anything to suggest that he was anymore greedy than any other manager would be.
Every one of us would negotiate the best deal we could possibly get.

I actually do believe that for Sam this job was not about money alone. I think this was the job he felt that he should have had years ago. chance to manage at a big club with genuine ambitions.

I don't know if he would have been able to succeed in his prime or not but I genuinely believe that he has found this job infinitely more difficult than he expected because of the expectations that go with a club the size of Everton , I believe he may now realise he is past his sell by date and I think it will be with a sense of relief when he finally leaves... I don't think he will ever manage any club again.

I don't agree with that. Idon't think there is anything to suggest that he was anymore greedy than any other manager would be.

I actually do believe that for Sam this job was not about money alone. I think this was the job he felt that he should have had years ago. chance to manage at a big club with genuine ambitions.

I don't know if he would have been able to succeed in his prime or not but I genuinely believe that he has found this job infinitely more difficult than he expected because of the expectations that go with a club the size of Everton , I believe he may now realise he is past his sell by date and I think it will be with a sense of relief when he finally leaves... I don't think he will ever manage any club again.

I agree with you totally !

He`ll be back at another club around Christmas, working his "miracles".

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Disappointing to see, yet again, comments from an Everton manager talking about an opposition side as if we don't belong on the same pitch as them.

Slipping dangerously into @davek territory here, but that's something Martinez didn't get enough credit for: he always talked about opponents with respect rather than deference. There was never an inferiority complex. Koeman, and moreso Allardyce, have dragged us all the way back down to approaching games like yesterday's as if we're going to need a miracle to get anything out of it.

Why is it bad to praise Martinez though. There are some really good things about him, and some weaknesses, but is there ANYTHING people remember fondly about Koeman and Allardyce?

Why is it bad to praise Martinez though. There are some really good things about him, and some weaknesses, but is there ANYTHING people remember fondly about Koeman and Allardyce?

Well there was the 4-0 against City under Koeman.

As for Martinez, my main thoughts are always going to be his games against WHU, the semi against United and most of all away to Liverpool. A game where the Echo said someone should have got the Liverpool goalie a deckchair to sit down on. The most shameful description of an Everton side I can ever remember.

He managed England and they had to sack him after one match.

He made a tactical howler against city in midfield of that there is no doubt...

He says things that are questionable to say the least....

But some of the critisism he has got is quite simply out of order, he has come to manage Everton not be hounded out by a few people who hated him to start with...

He has till the end of the season then a decision will be made whether to keep him or let him go...

He can only be judged fairly if he gets a fair trial, so let him get on with the job...

That should be a banning offence

Is it the players fault, that he designates some games as " unwinnable " ?.

My lad (12) has played footy since he was 5, not one single coach ( Dad ) has ever told any of the teams he`s played for, that a game is " unwinnable". Even when they`ve played teams full of Academy kids.

I don`t know about you, but I wasn`t aware that " rolling over " is in any coaching manual.
Sad to say there are teams in the Premier League that if we went out to attack them would run up a cricket score against us. I'd imagine his overly cautious approach would be designed not to destroy what little confidence the team has going forwards to the games he sees as winnable.Junior football doesn't have the amounts of money at stake that the top division does so going out to win and losing 9-0 doesn't have the same risks so isn't really comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.