Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact the old man was caught red handed match fixing doesn't point to intellegence being strong in the gene pool so them messing up Silvas pay off doesn't really surprise? As for newspaper reports,you only need to look at the transfer window threads to tell you all you need to know.As for outbursts,they're Italians what do you expect? Hacks report Everton interest in Silva,Silva jumps to big pay day conclusion.Hacks story turns out to be just that,a story.Allardyce appointed.Their manager downs tools,team starts losing for fun,Italian owner throws fit.Football soap opera!
Or.

Everton come along and try and pinch Silva. Watford don't want to lose their highly regarded manager who has made a very impressive start in his first 3 months in charge. Silva tells Watford he is interested in speaking to Everton but they refuse. Everton offer to pay out the remainder of his contract in compensation. Watford dig their heels in. Silva refuses to deny interest in Everton publically. Everton come back with a much improved compensation offer. Watford send legal letter to Everton threatening to report them to the Premier League. Everton stand down and look elsewhere. Silva feels let down by the club and this is reflected in teams performance. Watford, realise that the manager is no longer motivated and cancel his contract. Watford publically cite Everton as THE major factor in Silva being replaced. Everton stay silent on the matter.

But all the above, played out in public, is pure fantasy because your version of events is correct.

OK.

Or.

Everton come along and try and pinch Silva. Watford don't want to lose their highly regarded manager who has made a very impressive start in his first 3 months in charge. Silva tells Watford he is interested in speaking to Everton but they refuse. Everton offer to pay out the remainder of his contract in compensation. Watford dig their heels in. Silva refuses to deny interest in Everton publically. Everton come back with a much improved compensation offer. Watford send legal letter to Everton threatening to report them to the Premier League. Everton stand down and look elsewhere. Silva feels let down by the club and this is reflected in teams performance. Watford, realise that the manager is no longer motivated and cancel his contract. Watford publically cite Everton as THE major factor in Silva being replaced. Everton stay silent on the matter.

But all the above, played out in public, is pure fantasy because your version of events is correct.

OK.
All supposition,so we'll never know as we've both acknowledge all we have is hack speak.Your hatred of Allardyce seems to make you want to ram home every point to death! You gave away your season ticket.You've made your point,I'm impressed.

All supposition,so we'll never know as we've both acknowledge all we have is hack speak.Your hatred of Allardyce seems to make you want to ram home every point to death! You gave away your season ticket.You've made your point,I'm impressed.

You must be as you're the only person on here who ever mentions it.

Anyway, this particular conversation has nothing to do with my hatred of, or your love for Allardyce. It's to do with you posting total wham.

I mean how Silva was suddenly the saviour and the best manager in the world. I didn't understand why he would have been so good for us
Sorry mate. Didn't know you were talking generally. Thought you were referring to the ongoing conversation going on in this thread, which was simply about whether or not Silva was interested in joining us back in November.

I think there were a few on here who were happy to give him a go, but there were probably a lot more who were against it from memory. Don't remember it being a love-in as such. Most people probably just wanted somebody, anybody in charge as it was becoming a joke at the time.

Personally, if there was nobody else available in the summer I would still swap him for Allardyce. It would be a risk probably, but nowhere near as risky as keeping with the current manager. In my opinion of course.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.