Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has met the minimum requirement but I can see no real evidence that he can move us beyond where we are now. That's why I have no interest in him staying on. I would rather we try and fail than to never bother trying and Allardyce's selections and tactics against Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City were not trying to win, they were barely even trying not to lose.

P.S. Kev's only out on loan, he'll be back for pre-season.

Yeah, fair play. I agree that lose with pride and 'have a go' is better than an uber defensive display that just surrenders hope of a goal. Especially for fans paying good money to attend. I did watch the first half and thought that had Bolasie's header gone in it would have been a different game to watch (probably not result, though!).

All in all I really hope we get close to the Europa league to help attract a better candidate and hope that becomes the fans focus. I do find BFS's comments woeful though and it must stink hearing that when you've lashed out to watch the side.

The times we did get on the ball we gave it away as fast as humanly possible,I'm sure most will hang that on Allardyce,but nobody running into space and passes being misplaced it down to the players however they were set up.
Well he is the one instructing them to hoof it constantly.

Maybe nobody was running into space because they were far too knackered chasing shadows because our 2 man midfield was about as protective as a leaky condom.

The times we did get on the ball we gave it away as fast as humanly possible,I'm sure most will hang that on Allardyce,but nobody running into space and passes being misplaced it down to the players however they were set up.
if you don’t press as a team, the press does not work. DCL was chasing 3 players one time and no one was helping, the city players taking the P£## out of him.

This is down to coaching and tactics which fall at fat Sam’s feet

Is Fat Head Konman or BFS? : )

Scary that I should have to ask, I know. And I don't disagree with the sentiment for a new manager, btw. If this is how fans feel then they need to vote with their feet and boycott games. Nothing will hit owners harder than the pocket.
funny isnt it that the last 2 managers were both fatheaded and have failed.

the first requirement for the next manager must be that he doesnt have a fat head.

funny isnt it that the last 2 managers were both fatheaded and have failed.

the first requirement for the next manager must be that he doesnt have a fat head.
A-1754615-1285820544.jpeg.jpg

Or
Buckethead+in+chair.jpeg

@Lord Buckethead ?

if you don’t press as a team, the press does not work. DCL was chasing 3 players one time and no one was helping, the city players taking the P£## out of him.

This is down to coaching and tactics which fall at fat Sam’s feet
So your thinking is that in the team talk before the kick off Allardyce told DCL "you run around like an idiot,let them pass the ball around you so that you look like a brainless fool,the rest of you just look at what he's doing and try your best not to laugh"
I think it makes more sense that sadly our group is not the brightest bunch and can't follow even the most simple game plan.

Like I said in my previous post they know how the game is played,if there was a letter it was leverage,nothing more.People bandy around fraud allegations against Allardyce...now Pozzo is the real deal.Do you honestly think they'd have suspended Silva and paid another manager.If you stop any manager making a move he really wants it's not difficult to work out how your results will go.
I accept that we only have newspaper reports to go on that there was a letter from solicitors advising us to back off. Likewise we only have newspaper reports that we were actually after Silva in the first place, and that we had offered as much as £10m compensation to Watford to buy out his contract. But you and I both know there was a lot of truth in those reports, plus Watford would not have been so vocal in blaming Everton for turning their managers head resulting in him being sacked, had they not been true. So let's assume that there was a letter from the solicitors.

So you reckon this letter was all part of the game that Watford were playing. Part of their ploy to get as much out of Everton as they possibly could. A letter from solicitors threatening to report us to the premier league was extreme in my view and I don't think they could have made their point in any stronger fashion. Bearing in mind we had already offered them compensation worth upto 3 times the value of his remaining contract, what else did they expect to screw out of us.

When I posed the question "were they playing hard to get" I meant it has a joke. I didn't think for a moment that was what you actually believe. Cloud and cuckoo spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.