Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he resigned how could they stop him? Or have you seen his contract with them?
Manager's cannot just walk away from their contracts. Much in the same way that clubs cannot just sack managers without having to pay some form of compo.

A case in point, somewhat ironically, is Allardyce leaving Palace in the summer. We had to pay compensation to Palace when we appointed Allardyce as manager.

Had Silva not come to an agreement with Watford, I'm pretty certain they would have significantly held up his subsequent appointment with us in the courts.

So by your own admission there is at least one we know off who would have grabbed the barge pole quite willingly.

Silva.

Ergo your point about no one wanting to “touch the job with a barge pole” is flawed.

And as neither you nor I know what the financial mindset of the Watford honcho is, we have no idea about “gardening leave” or any other such arrangement that was placed as an obstacle in his way.

The only thing we know for sure is that he wanted to come up here.

Also there is a whole raft of managers would have jumped at the chance...would still jump at the chance....when next the job comes up for grabs.

They might not have been sufficiently high profile to excite us, the fans, but there are legions of wannabee top managers would love the Goodison job as it offers fantastic salary and a large transfer budget.

And it ill behoves our own supporters to dismiss the attraction of EFC to prospective managers in such a cavalier fashion.

The defence of Samuel Allardyce by some posters on here is worthy of Uriah Heep, that ever so ‘umble fellow from David Copperfield.

Like we are “not worthy” enough to attract anyone else.

We can and will do better than Sam ;)
But not enough to push it through,it's not like the Watford owners wouldn't have made a deal...In 1990, a phone call between Pozzo and the president of S.S. Lazio just before a match was alleged to be conclusive proof of match-fixing efforts. Despite a robust defence, Pozzo was banned from holding authority at Udinese, though he remained the club's owner.(and I doubt the fruit has fallen far from the tree in young Gino) We have to face facts if your not a CL club in the football world your nobody.And it pains me to say it but we could be at least a decade from being one.Whoever we get for next season it'll be a gamble and it might only take a tricky fixture list and a few defeats for the knives to be out...again.

Interesting thought, so if BFS gets 8 points from the remaining 6 games, and ends on 48 points....is he now clearly a better manager than Martinez? Seems like he must be, since 2 out of 3 of Martinez seasons fell short of that. At that point, how does Davek excuse this horrible fact?

Should make for lively irrational discussion for years to come.

Sorry mate but it's hugely embarassing. Owner talks a good game then appoints Allardyce.

Imagine arsenal spurs or the RS appointing the fraud. We'd be in stitches.

dont disagree ,mate this season is a disaster hopefully not to be repeated and an embarresment to us all

My point is I disagree the blame being laid totally at Sams feet as you say Owner Board have a lot to answer , the other point is that until Sam leaves at the end of season I support him and teams results , then expect a vast number of changes .

So who would you have played in midfield?
I'd have dropped DCL and played Davies instead. At least Davies has the energy to harass them and will actually manage to close a player down and attempt a tackle.

DCL is useless as a striker, waste of time playing him at 10.

Rooney will naturally sit deeper than he would and him and Davies would take turns being the furthest forward in the 3. It would have provided more cover and set us up a little deeper for their counter

Which is why they sent us a solicitors letter threatening to report us to the premier league if we persisted.

Just playing hard to get were they?
Like I said in my previous post they know how the game is played,if there was a letter it was leverage,nothing more.People bandy around fraud allegations against Allardyce...now Pozzo is the real deal.Do you honestly think they'd have suspended Silva and paid another manager.If you stop any manager making a move he really wants it's not difficult to work out how your results will go.

I'd have dropped DCL and played Davies instead. At least Davies has the energy to harass them and will actually manage to close a player down and attempt a tackle.

DCL is useless as a striker, waste of time playing him at 10.

Rooney will naturally sit deeper than he would and him and Davies would take turns being the furthest forward in the 3. It would have provided more cover and set us up a little deeper for their counter
I've been reading the Davies thread with interest,seems quite a few don't share your confidence in him.

I've been reading the Davies thread with interest,seems quite a few don't share your confidence in him.
And they're welcome to that opinion.

I have more confidence in Davies' ability to positively affect the game against City than DCL playing at 10 would and did.

We can't say for sure it would have made a difference but I believe that would have seen us being able to get on the ball more than the pitiful amount of time we had with it given the way Sam set us up.

And they're welcome to that opinion.

I have more confidence in Davies' ability to positively affect the game against City than DCL playing at 10 would and did.

We can't say for sure it would have made a difference but I believe that would have seen us being able to get on the ball more than the pitiful amount of time we had with it given the way Sam set us up.
The times we did get on the ball we gave it away as fast as humanly possible,I'm sure most will hang that on Allardyce,but nobody running into space and passes being misplaced it down to the players however they were set up.

Of course he's not the only one to blame from the owner down to the DOF and our spineless players, yes he initially steadied the ship although I'd argue we would have been safe anyway. But he represents utter failure and he should be removed as soon as possible. He has a negative defeatist attitude that he uses to protect his ego, he's a dead weight.

By the way you missed one thing off your little list Fat Head giving up before the first whistle and being tactically inept.

Is Fat Head Konman or BFS? : )

Scary that I should have to ask, I know. And I don't disagree with the sentiment for a new manager, btw. If this is how fans feel then they need to vote with their feet and boycott games. Nothing will hit owners harder than the pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.