Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet oddly enough in some games for some teams it works.

I'd argue that for it to work it still needs some semblance of a plan and structure. To know when to press and know when to sit off. He conceded, albeit inadvertently, that it was simply not the case and it was the individual player choice. I'm sorry but that in my mind is unacceptable. It's pub league style of management. Not acceptable for someone who is on 6 million a year. It wouldn't be acceptable in most amateur teams.

Not long to go with Sam now, so we can turn to criticize the choice of the next manager very soon. On the dark side I believe Mirallas is on the way back as he needs to draw his wages for the next 2 years. Could we get Barkley back on a free? Plan ahead as Sam says but not with him. Just general ramblings as it doesn't pay to think too deeply with the derby crucifixion before us. After that we can relax. Anyone notice the Arsenal stadium against Stoke was only 2/3rds full? Ours is always full.

Either he takes the blame for yesterday on his own back or he's not responsible for any of the wins we have had under him as it is all up to the players to make it happen anyway.

He, and his supporters, cannot have it both ways.
Don't see anyone "supporting" him,he took the job that nobody else wanted,he got the 40 points that without a modern day miracle will keep us up, which is imperative if we want the sparkling new stadium to be built.The owner and board messed up his appointment so that he was able to rinse us for wages.The players perform half the time as though they haven't trained together.But it's all one persons fault.

Don't see anyone "supporting" him,he took the job that nobody else wanted,he got the 40 points that without a modern day miracle will keep us up, which is imperative if we want the sparkling new stadium to be built.The owner and board messed up his appointment so that he was able to rinse us for wages.The players perform half the time as though they haven't trained together.But it's all one persons fault.
No, it's Moshiri's, Walsh's, Kenwright's, Elstone's, Sammy fn Lee's, Shakespeare's, Allardyce's and the players fault but we can only really try to relistically get Allardyce (and his cohorts) and Walsh out. Players aren't going anywhere with the absolute joke of wages they are all on.

Eh stop rewriting history, Silva would have walked over hot coals to get here from watford

Don't see anyone "supporting" him,he took the job that nobody else wanted,he got the 40 points that without a modern day miracle will keep us up which is imperative if we want the sparkling new stadium to be built.The owner and board messed up his appointment so that he was able to rinse us for wages.The players perform half the time as though they haven't trained together.But it's all one persons fault.
It's not all his fault and that's rather facetious of you to imply that's the point I've made.

The issue is the buck stops with him as the main man in charge and he decides how the team will be set up. So yes, unfortunately for him, he more than any other person at the club is responsible for yesterday's atrocious performance.

He chose to send them out with the slowest two man midfield we have probably ever seen against what is the slickest passing team in the league. The only word for that is idiocy and he sent those players out to do an impossible job because of how HE chose to set the team up.

The players went out and attempted to play the way he asked of them and he sent them out with a plan guaranteed to fail. He selected players incapable of performing the tasks he wanted.

I won't blame the players because anyone with a lick of footballing sense could see the disaster written on the wall with a midfield of Rooney and Schneiderfraud.

I'm not impressed by him getting 40 points with this squad. It's not that great an achievement and some of the performances along the way have been worse than what we had seen before he came in.

So just because it isn't all his fault doesn't mean he doesn't bear most of the fault for the weekend or that is unfair to correctly assign it to his fat tactically inept arse.

If Everton had given Fat Sam, Sammy Lee and Shakespeare jobs lifting the rubbish around Goodison I would have found it unacceptable, them managing the team is bordering on the criminal

It's not all his fault and that's rather facetious of you to imply that's the point I've made.

The issue is the buck stops with him as the main man in charge and he decides how the team will be set up. So yes, unfortunately for him, he more than any other person at the club is responsible for yesterday's atrocious performance.

He chose to send them out with the slowest two man midfield we have probably ever seen against what is the slickest passing team in the league. The only word for that is idiocy and he sent those players out to do an impossible job because of how HE chose to set the team up.

The players went out and attempted to play the way he asked of them and he sent them out with a plan guaranteed to fail. He selected players incapable of performing the tasks he wanted.

I won't blame the players because anyone with a lick of footballing sense could see the disaster written on the wall with a midfield of Rooney and Schneiderfraud.

I'm not impressed by him getting 40 points with this squad. It's not that great an achievement and some of the performances along the way have been worse than what we had seen before he came in.

So just because it isn't all his fault doesn't mean he doesn't bear most of the fault for the weekend or that is unfair to correctly assign it to his fat tactically inept arse.
So who would you have played in midfield?

Hot coals were never needed,just a resignation.But he wouldn't do it.

If a resignation would have been all it took he would have done it. It's clear to anybody taking even a passing interest that Watford were never going to allow him to take the EFC job in Nov regardless of whether he resigned or not. The issue was entirely in their control so don't patronise us by suggesting a simple resignation would have paved the way when you know it wouldn't.

I was just saying I disagreed with your comment that we were doomed, and with the implied suggestion that we are better off than we would have been without him.

My opinion was always that we were going to slog our way out of trouble by beating the likes of Swansea, Huddersfield, and Palace at home in the same way that we beat Watford, Stoke and Bournemouth before he set foot in the place, therefore I never believed we were anything approaching doomed. 14 points from the 18 games he's been in charge for would have been enough to see us outside the drop zone at the moment, so effectively he could have done considerably worse than his predecessors and we still wouldn't be going down. It therefore irks me that some people want to give him credit for the fact we're not bottom of the league.
This. people point to the games against Atalanta and Southampton as the evidence that we were being relegated, but we've played just as poorly in numerous games under Allardyce, but still come up with results against the crapper teams at home.

If a resignation would have been all it took he would have done it. It's clear to anybody taking even a passing interest that Watford were never going to allow him to take the EFC job in Nov regardless of whether he resigned or not. The issue was entirely in their control so don't patronise us by suggesting a simple resignation would have paved the way when you know it wouldn't.
If he resigned how could they stop him? Or have you seen his contract with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.