Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And so the players are blameless?

Of course not, but the diabolical setup, awful tactics, inability to drive any passion into his team and the selection of the French rat who just watched the game are down to him

Spending a full week in training with basically practicing having 10 men the ball is not going to inspire any professional

The fat dinosaur is disaster and has been since the moment is gargantuan head walked through our door

We'd scored 10 goals in the 4 league games immediately before he took over.

We also still can't keep clean sheets - only 1 in our last 13 games which came in a home game against a side who have only scored away from home twice in their last 10 attempts - so there really hasn't been that much of a change in my opinion. He's done OK, in that he could have completely tanked a la Pardew and he hasn't, but I honestly don't think he needs to be credited with anything. We were always likely to win the majority of our home games against bottom half sides and that's what we've done. I don't think we're really any better or worse off than I would have expected us to be under any manager.
But who exactly was this mythical "other manager",nobody else would touch the job with a barge pole...unless you know something different.

Of course not, but the diabolical setup, awful tactics, inability to drive any passion into his team and the selection of the French rat who just watched the game are down to him

Spending a full week in training with basically practicing having 10 men the ball is not going to inspire any professional

The fat dinosaur is disaster and has been since the moment is gargantuan head walked through our door
So it wasn't just down to Allardyce and the fact the players couldn't find a pass to a team mate the odd time we had it,his fault as well?

"He needs time to get the team adjusted to HIS tactics"

He's had 4.5 months, the football is as bad if not worse than it was before. He can't get the players to get a pass together, he can't organize a defense, he can't get them to get any meaningful "attack" going.

And, yes, I CAN attribute that to him because what the absolute hell do they do in training all week if THAT is the result?

98% is down to the fat man, misplaced passes happen but having no clue on how to counteract city’s high pressing game caused issues

Oh wait, he put 10 men behind the ball and hoped we could keep them at bay
True we should have gone 4-4-2 and really had a go at them,after all they're only being touted as the best team of the Premiership era.

He'll be gone in the summer anyway but I doubt many sides would have lived with City with their first half performance no matter what side/tactics Allardyce used. They've ripped apart much better sides than us this season.

So it wasn't just down to Allardyce and the fact the players couldn't find a pass to a team mate the odd time we had it,his fault as well?

No, however what was clear from his post match interviews and his own direct comments was that there was absolutely no plan outwith the actual formation.

The choice to press or not to press was left with individual players. That is exactly what he elluded to. That's ludicrously poor for a man employed to drill a footballing side. It's a fundamental basic of defending as a team. It simply highlights his outdated thought process on the game as it fully appears that he thought 10 men behind the ball would be sufficient.

As if there's even a debate to be had anymore after that showing in the weekend.

I'm embarrassed for you if you're attempting to defend that. Go find a new sport to follow because if you think that's acceptable in any way then football isn't for you.
Don't think anyone would attempt to defend the players or manager.Just very odd to single out one from the others.

No, however what was clear from his post match interviews and his own direct comments was that there was absolutely no plan outwith the actual formation.

The choice to press or not to press was left with individual players. That is exactly what he elluded to. That's ludicrously poor for a man employed to drill a footballing side. It's a fundamental basic of defending as a team. It simply highlights his outdated thought process on the game as it fully appears that he thought 10 men behind the ball would be sufficient.
And yet oddly enough in some games for some teams it works.

Don't think anyone would attempt to defend the players or manager.Just very odd to single out one from the others.
Yeah, mental how we would hold the main person responsible for how we performed actually accountable isn't it?

Although maybe it was Rooney's idea to play in a two man midfield with Schneiderfraud and the invisible man DCL in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.