Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you seriously think our board give a toss about what the fans think? Once this week is over and then season ticket sales are completed they will be laughing at us and we will be miles away from appointing a new manager imo

Depends how many people renew

The fact they were chasing people up with literally days to go tells me that they were worried

In my opinion e looked utterly doomed when he got here, couldn't score goals, couldn't keep clean sheets. In a tight league like this season we could easily have got ourselves in a right mess. You say have I seen the state of the PL this year? I have. Have you seen the state of us?

When he came in he got points on the board that lifted us above the mess. I am grateful for that to be honest. Doesn't mean I want him to stay or that he is the right man going forward etc. He will be gone in the summer. No matter what he says for next season or how many fans worry that he will stay here he wont be. So in the meantime I don't see what we gain from having a go at him all the time when he is doing nothing that past managers for us have done (Martinez being the exception but he was rubbish in another way towards the end).

Personally I think we should just get on with it until the summer. I don't "care" about the City game as it was nothing new to me, seen it all before. I have also seen us struggle against sides that we "should be beating" under all sorts of managers, not just Allardyce.
That’s my position also

Because he was stupid(or drunk ) enough to get caught on camera.
Do you honestly believe that deals involving tens of millions do not include a "sweetener " for the buying and selling managers. Sam got caught, it could have been any one.

It couldn't have been anymore, he was the only England manager there was. That was meant to be his dream job, that was meant to be the job where he was working with the best talent available. One match in and he couldn't keep his nose out of the trough. He could have made a fortune legitimately but he couldn't help himself.
A bit of Everton was destroyed the day he was appointed manager, it won't be repaired by his sacking but at least he will be gone.

I was really willing to give him a chance. I thought, if he can get Sunderland nor Palace playing, surely he can get us doing the same?

But no, I don't think it's entirely his fault. Whatever happened since the end of last season is still there. Do the players really care? Or are they all so unhappy, they're trying to get the manager sacked? We need a total clear out in the summer, players and management, for the first team.

I hope some of the young players that have come through, will have learned from this season, because it's the only positive I can take from it.

In my opinion e looked utterly doomed when he got here, couldn't score goals, couldn't keep clean sheets. In a tight league like this season we could easily have got ourselves in a right mess. You say have I seen the state of the PL this year? I have. Have you seen the state of us?

When he came in he got points on the board that lifted us above the mess. I am grateful for that to be honest. Doesn't mean I want him to stay or that he is the right man going forward etc. He will be gone in the summer. No matter what he says for next season or how many fans worry that he will stay here he wont be. So in the meantime I don't see what we gain from having a go at him all the time when he is doing nothing that past managers for us have done (Martinez being the exception but he was rubbish in another way towards the end).

Personally I think we should just get on with it until the summer. I don't "care" about the City game as it was nothing new to me, seen it all before. I have also seen us struggle against sides that we "should be beating" under all sorts of managers, not just Allardyce.
We'd scored 10 goals in the 4 league games immediately before he took over.

We also still can't keep clean sheets - only 1 in our last 13 games which came in a home game against a side who have only scored away from home twice in their last 10 attempts - so there really hasn't been that much of a change in my opinion. He's done OK, in that he could have completely tanked a la Pardew and he hasn't, but I honestly don't think he needs to be credited with anything. We were always likely to win the majority of our home games against bottom half sides and that's what we've done. I don't think we're really any better or worse off than I would have expected us to be under any manager.

There is no way will he still be here next season lads. He will be given a thanks and a cheque to cover the rest of his contract as soon as the season is over. I am pretty confident about that. There is far too much unrest in the supporters and the performance record under him and his etiquette towards both the club and support has been nowhere near acceptable enough for them to even consider keeping him on. Everton cannot even do a tweet now without practically every response being about wanting Allardyce out and home matches are sometimes having paying supporters booing and even leaving before half time.

I cannot see anything other than him gone after the next 6 games and it could even possibly be before that if we carry on with these embarrassing unforgivable performances and unacceptable arrogance and attitude from the Manager. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Manager has already been identified, spoken to and agreements made.

Last edited:
Sad to say there are teams in the Premier League that if we went out to attack them would run up a cricket score against us. I'd imagine his overly cautious approach would be designed not to destroy what little confidence the team has going forwards to the games he sees as winnable.Junior football doesn't have the amounts of money at stake that the top division does so going out to win and losing 9-0 doesn't have the same risks so isn't really comparable.

Just out of interest, will you still be sticking up for him, if he employs the same "roll over " tactics against the RS on Saturday ?.

This game must surely fall into his "unwinnable " category and therefore another " roll over " game ?.

The word " catalyst " immediately springs to mind.

There is no way will he still be here next season lads. He will be given a thanks and a cheque to cover the rest of his contract as soon as the season is over. I am pretty confident about that. There is far too much unrest in the supporters and the performance record under him and his etiquette towards both the club and support has been nowhere near acceptable enough for them to even consider keeping him on. Everton cannot even do a tweet now without practically every response being about wanting Allardyce out and home matches are sometimes having paying supporters booing and even leaving before half time.

I cannot see anything other than him gone after the next 6 games and it could even possibly be before that if we carry on with these embarrassing unforgivable performances and unacceptable arrogance and attitude from the Manager. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Manager has already been identified, spoken to and agreements made.

Great post and I agree with every single word except I would not be surprised if the next manager has not yet been identified nor has an agreement been reached.

I am fully expecting yet another protracted public saga after the parting of the ways, the kind which delivered us Koeman and Sam and which almost delivered Silva.

Reactions: Lob

Defensively we have been better under Allardyce, but in the 14 games from the start of the season up to Allardyce taking over we scored 17 goals in those 14 prem games, in the 18 prem games under Allardyce we've scored 21 goals, so hardly any difference between now and then.

We'd scored 10 goals in the 4 league games immediately before he took over.

We also still can't keep clean sheets - only 1 in our last 13 games which came in a home game against a side who have only scored away from home twice in their last 10 attempts - so there really hasn't been that much of a change in my opinion. He's done OK, in that he could have completely tanked a la Pardew and he hasn't, but I honestly don't think he needs to be credited with anything. We were always likely to win the majority of our home games against bottom half sides and that's what we've done. I don't think we're really any better or worse off than I would have expected us to be under any manager.

Agreed, but he is only here until summer anyway so what does it matter?

He has done an average job for me. That's all. Doesn't mean I like him, support him whatever. Conversely I don't think he deserves a lot of the stick he gets either. (He does warrant some obviously).

Honestly though this season I wouldn't automatically expect us to win any games.

I am generally happy with his two signings though. That is a plus point.

Great post and I agree with every single word except I would not be surprised if the next manager has not yet been identified nor has an agreement been reached.

I am fully expecting yet another protracted public saga after the parting of the ways, the kind which delivered us Koeman and Sam and which almost delivered Silva.

Yep and that wouldn't surprise me either tbh. You would expect (or rather hope) that they learnt their lesson after the previous fiasco/s and they will have definitely known for at least a couple of months that they had to replace Allardyce at the end of season and get a new Manager in who is able to move the club forward but then this is Everton and one thing we are very good at is Evertoning things up.

Agreed, but he is only here until summer anyway so what does it matter?

He has done an average job for me. That's all. Doesn't mean I like him, support him whatever. Conversely I don't think he deserves a lot of the stick he gets either. (He does warrant some obviously).

Honestly though this season I wouldn't automatically expect us to win any games.

I am generally happy with his two signings though. That is a plus point.
I was just saying I disagreed with your comment that we were doomed, and with the implied suggestion that we are better off than we would have been without him.

My opinion was always that we were going to slog our way out of trouble by beating the likes of Swansea, Huddersfield, and Palace at home in the same way that we beat Watford, Stoke and Bournemouth before he set foot in the place, therefore I never believed we were anything approaching doomed. 14 points from the 18 games he's been in charge for would have been enough to see us outside the drop zone at the moment, so effectively he could have done considerably worse than his predecessors and we still wouldn't be going down. It therefore irks me that some people want to give him credit for the fact we're not bottom of the league.

Of course we've had much worse results in the past, but if you weren't embarrassed by the fact we couldn't even string ONE pass together for long periods of the game on Saturday your standards are an awful lot lower than mine. It was utterly shambolic, and the worst thing is it was so obvious what was going to happen as soon as you saw the teamsheets. It was dreadful management, and the fact other managers have also been dreadful does not make it any more palatable.
So Allardyce told them to go out and misplace passes on Saturday? or might that have been down to the players on the pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.