Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your thinking is that in the team talk before the kick off Allardyce told DCL "you run around like an idiot,let them pass the ball around you so that you look like a brainless fool,the rest of you just look at what he's doing and try your best not to laugh"
I think it makes more sense that sadly our group is not the brightest bunch and can't follow even the most simple game plan.
A simple game plan that is completely alien to them and the complete opposite of the game plan Allardyce has employed since he took over the club. Plus one that he would not have had time to work on in training with it being an International week.

He probably showed them videos of Liverpool and Tottenham and said, that's what I want you to do lads.

Look, the players are not blameless in this, and have deserved most of the collective and individual stick they've received this week, and over the season as a whole to be fair. But to suggest that it's all their fault and no blame should be attached to Allardyce is just ludicrous.

Attached is a question I posed to you in a post yesterday which you never responded to.
Let me ask you this. Would you have gone with that line up and formation for the City game. Would you have gone with a completely new formation and game tactic, knowing that you have had little or no chance to work on it in training during an International week. Would you have gone with a midfield 2 consisting of our 2 slowest players against the best footballing team in Europe. Would you have waited until half time before making a tactical change having been fortunate to be only 3 down after 20 minutes, and then waited an additional 20+ minutes before making your first player change.

I think it's a fair question mate. You've been a big supporter of Allardyce in here which is fair enough, everyone's entitled to an opinion. So what's your view on the above.

You can imagine the baffled look on Brands face when the Fat Man describes his tactics: “well son, we hoof it.....none of that fancy dan passing here”
"Listen Dutchy, you can take this passing to other players and stick in one of them joints you smoke in your coffee shops. I haven't spent 30 odd years in football without learning how to get to 40 points and bagging multi-million pound pay offs by passing the effing football."

A simple game plan that is completely alien to them and the complete opposite of the game plan Allardyce has employed since he took over the club. Plus one that he would not have had time to work on in training with it being an International week.

He probably showed them videos of Liverpool and Tottenham and said, that's what I want you to do lads.

Look, the players are not blameless in this, and have deserved most of the collective and individual stick they've received this week, and over the season as a whole to be fair. But to suggest that it's all their fault and no blame should be attached to Allardyce is just ludicrous.

Attached is a question I posed to you in a post yesterday which you never responded to.

I think it's a fair question mate. You've been a big supporter of Allardyce in here which is fair enough, everyone's entitled to an opinion. So what's your view on the above.
I really don't know where you get this big supporter of Allardyce from, just because I don't use the fat head,gravy guzzler fraud personal insults?.I've posted numerous times in normal circumstaces he wouldn't figure in any list of managers I'd want for Everton,but as Moshiri messed up the appointment of a replacement for Koeman,he was the only choice left to us who had managed in the Prem,taken two teams of under performing players and kept them in the division (which is vital for the new stadium plans) So unless you can name the mythical alternative...
Nobody could ever accuse him of being a tactical mastermind.But a quick look at some of the player interviews on the Everton TV official site will convince you that none of them will trouble that popular show Mastermind any time soon.Parking the bus,covering runners,getting goal side,aren't rocket science.But for the group of players we have at the moment even the simple things are proving a challenge.Add to that the fact that a few have switched off at 40 points and the rest of the season is virtually a write off.Expect a point each at home to Newcasle and Soton and thats about your lot.

I accept that we only have newspaper reports to go on that there was a letter from solicitors advising us to back off. Likewise we only have newspaper reports that we were actually after Silva in the first place, and that we had offered as much as £10m compensation to Watford to buy out his contract. But you and I both know there was a lot of truth in those reports, plus Watford would not have been so vocal in blaming Everton for turning their managers head resulting in him being sacked, had they not been true. So let's assume that there was a letter from the solicitors.

So you reckon this letter was all part of the game that Watford were playing. Part of their ploy to get as much out of Everton as they possibly could. A letter from solicitors threatening to report us to the premier league was extreme in my view and I don't think they could have made their point in any stronger fashion. Bearing in mind we had already offered them compensation worth upto 3 times the value of his remaining contract, what else did they expect to screw out of us.

When I posed the question "were they playing hard to get" I meant it has a joke. I didn't think for a moment that was what you actually believe. Cloud and cuckoo spring to mind.
So we only have newspaper reports we were after him?,but you know for a fact that a solicitors letter was sent? And yes if any of it was fact based I would expect the Pozzo family (Google Pozzo Udinese) to try to screw us out of every penny they could.But as it's all guess work and paper talk we'll never know.

I really don't know where you get this big supporter of Allardyce from, just because I don't use the fat head,gravy guzzler fraud personal insults?.I've posted numerous times in normal circumstaces he wouldn't figure in any list of managers I'd want for Everton,but as Moshiri messed up the appointment of a replacement for Koeman,he was the only choice left to us who had managed in the Prem,taken two teams of under performing players and kept them in the division (which is vital for the new stadium plans) So unless you can name the mythical alternative...
Nobody could ever accuse him of being a tactical mastermind.But a quick look at some of the player interviews on the Everton TV official site will convince you that none of them will trouble that popular show Mastermind any time soon.Parking the bus,covering runners,getting goal side,aren't rocket science.But for the group of players we have at the moment even the simple things are proving a challenge.Add to that the fact that a few have switched off at 40 points and the rest of the season is virtually a write off.Expect a point each at home to Newcasle and Soton and thats about your lot.
People think that you are a big supporter of Allardyce because you won't have a word said against him and always defend him to the hilt. Nothing to do with you not insulting him. I rarely partake in the personal insults and as you know I despise the guy, so it means nothing really.

But I notice you still avoided answering the question of whether you agreed with his tactics in Saturdays game.

People think you support him because your being realistic in your posts, seeing the bigger picture I.E the players, because your not throwing around hissy fits calling Allardyce names...etc people are taking your posts the wrong way. Being sensible about what you write isnt the done thing at to mo

So we only have newspaper reports we were after him?,but you know for a fact that a solicitors letter was sent? And yes if any of it was fact based I would expect the Pozzo family (Google Pozzo Udinese) to try to screw us out of every penny they could.But as it's all guess work and paper talk we'll never know.
Did you even read my post. I even said let's "assume" the letter was sent after putting forward an argument in which I acknowledged everything was paper reports. Are you now saying that we should just disregard all newspaper reports until they could be proven one way or another? If nothing else Watford's outburst at Everton after they sacked Silva is evidence enough that these reports were bang on.

And yes, the Pozzo family played a blinder here. They screwed us so much they didn't just miss out on the £10m from us, they also had to pay out around £3m in compo to Silva 2 months later.

Inappropriate Behaviour
People think you support him because your being realistic in your posts, seeing the bigger picture I.E the players, because your not throwing around hissy fits calling Allardyce names...etc people are taking your posts the wrong way. Being sensible about what you write isnt the done thing at to mo
Seems it just turns you Kopite.

Did you even read my post. I even said let's "assume" the letter was sent after putting forward an argument in which I acknowledged everything was paper reports. Are you now saying that we should just disregard all newspaper reports until they could be proven one way or another? If nothing else Watford's outburst at Everton after they sacked Silva is evidence enough that these reports were bang on.

And yes, the Pozzo family played a blinder here. They screwed us so much they didn't just miss out on the £10m from us, they also had to pay out around £3m in compo to Silva 2 months later.
The fact the old man was caught red handed match fixing doesn't point to intellegence being strong in the gene pool so them messing up Silvas pay off doesn't really surprise? As for newspaper reports,you only need to look at the transfer window threads to tell you all you need to know.As for outbursts,they're Italians what do you expect? Hacks report Everton interest in Silva,Silva jumps to big pay day conclusion.Hacks story turns out to be just that,a story.Allardyce appointed.Their manager downs tools,team starts losing for fun,Italian owner throws fit.Football soap opera!

Hot coals were never needed,just a resignation.But he wouldn't do it.

If a resignation would have been all it took he would have done it. It's clear to anybody taking even a passing interest that Watford were never going to allow him to take the EFC job in Nov regardless of whether he resigned or not. The issue was entirely in their control so don't patronise us by suggesting a simple resignation would have paved the way when you know it wouldn't.

If he resigned how could they stop him? Or have you seen his contract with them?

Have you ever heard of refusing to accept a resignation? Have you ever heard of gardenng leave? Have you ever heard of employment law in general?

Course you have so stop being stupid.

Watford are mega rich so obviously they would have done that.Get real. Modern football is all about money principle is history.

Plenty would.

At £6 million a year you can bet your life there would.

Silva for one....he was ready to walk all the way up here from Watford but for his boss not letting him leave.

Unless of course you know something different.

But they didn't, several rated managers were out of a job at the time and chose to remain that way.Watford would have had to let him leave if he resigned.Unless you honestly think they'd have put him on indefinate leave and paid another manager.Don't really think they are in that league financially.

Manager's cannot just walk away from their contracts. Much in the same way that clubs cannot just sack managers without having to pay some form of compo.

A case in point, somewhat ironically, is Allardyce leaving Palace in the summer. We had to pay compensation to Palace when we appointed Allardyce as manager.

Had Silva not come to an agreement with Watford, I'm pretty certain they would have significantly held up his subsequent appointment with us in the courts.

But not enough to push it through,it's not like the Watford owners wouldn't have made a deal...In 1990, a phone call between Pozzo and the president of S.S. Lazio just before a match was alleged to be conclusive proof of match-fixing efforts. Despite a robust defence, Pozzo was banned from holding authority at Udinese, though he remained the club's owner.(and I doubt the fruit has fallen far from the tree in young Gino) We have to face facts if your not a CL club in the football world your nobody.And it pains me to say it but we could be at least a decade from being one.Whoever we get for next season it'll be a gamble and it might only take a tricky fixture list and a few defeats for the knives to be out...again.

Which is why they sent us a solicitors letter threatening to report us to the premier league if we persisted.

Just playing hard to get were they?

Like I said in my previous post they know how the game is played,if there was a letter it was leverage,nothing more.People bandy around fraud allegations against Allardyce...now Pozzo is the real deal.Do you honestly think they'd have suspended Silva and paid another manager.If you stop any manager making a move he really wants it's not difficult to work out how your results will go.

I accept that we only have newspaper reports to go on that there was a letter from solicitors advising us to back off. Likewise we only have newspaper reports that we were actually after Silva in the first place, and that we had offered as much as £10m compensation to Watford to buy out his contract. But you and I both know there was a lot of truth in those reports, plus Watford would not have been so vocal in blaming Everton for turning their managers head resulting in him being sacked, had they not been true. So let's assume that there was a letter from the solicitors.

So you reckon this letter was all part of the game that Watford were playing. Part of their ploy to get as much out of Everton as they possibly could. A letter from solicitors threatening to report us to the premier league was extreme in my view and I don't think they could have made their point in any stronger fashion. Bearing in mind we had already offered them compensation worth upto 3 times the value of his remaining contract, what else did they expect to screw out of us.

When I posed the question "were they playing hard to get" I meant it has a joke. I didn't think for a moment that was what you actually believe. Cloud and cuckoo spring to mind.

Mate

See if you can follow @davids reasoning in this discussion regarding Silva.

He's basically saying that Silva could have resigned if he really wanted to join us, and that Watford legally could do nothing about it. He's also saying it was all newspaper reports, and even if they were true then the Watford owners were only drawing it out for more money.

Do you honestly believe that's sensible posting?

Mate

See if you can follow @davids reasoning in this discussion regarding Silva.

He's basically saying that Silva could have resigned if he really wanted to join us, and that Watford legally could do nothing about it. He's also saying it was all newspaper reports, and even if they were true then the Watford owners were only drawing it out for more money.

Do you honestly believe that's sensible posting?

TBF who cares about Silva anyway? Another bang average merry go round manager, we dont want him at the club anymore then Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.