Homepage Update: Sam Allardyce will leave Everton within 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
it has kinda worked out well, we offered £15m(?) for Silva last year and now get him for free...instead costing us the price Sam cost for 18 months ...plus Sam stabilised us and got us 8th place which is respectable. The only losers I can see are Watford which serves them right for blocking the move in the first place and having the cheek to play z-cars before their matches

I don't hate Sam and I didn't boo him but it was pretty dire stuff at times so happy to be entering a new era for Everton. I just hope Silva is as good as some say he could be...it does smell a bit of Martinez mkII though but I pray its not!

Some Spurs prick on talkcrap has just said we should be grateful for sam due to where we came from????????

Pretty fair point, tbh.

Koeman/Moshiri made the same mistake plenty of teams have done before - he/they bought a bunch of "Football Manager" players with no thought for how they would play together or even fit in the same sodding team, and then sold the top scorer (RL) without replacing him at all.

There's two things that were clearly required in order to 'rescue' the season - someone who could do a job with a team full of misfits, and someone who could easily drop big players and get away with it.

Allardyce did that, and did it well. Yes, the football may not have been 'exciting' or 'attractive', but refer to the above points.

It's all well and good saying "we wouldn't have gone down anyway", but teams with better football and more cohesive players got sucked in and were relegated this season.

I think it's pretty blind to not be grateful tbh - even as an interim.

Im actually quite surprised about how sensitive some fans are to be honest. I couldn't care less once we are successful in a given context.

at the end of the day, we are case cows for clubs and managers care only about their career and getting paid, it doesn't matter if they lick up to fan base or shot from the hip, personally liking or not liking something is irrelevant in my opinion.

I think people just didn't like the reputation he came with and to be fair he while relatively successful in the context didnt help himself with style of play. it all get a bit groupy thinky then.

What did him in for me was how spineless he set us up when playing the big teams at home

Even Moyes had us having more of a go at home to big sides

We didn't beat a single big team at Goodison all season

Royle, Walter, Moyes, Martinez and Koeman all managed it at least once a season normally during their runs

Allardyce not only never came close, he never even tried

That told me all I needed to know about his mentality

Hopefully soon this whole episode will be forgotten and people will only remember it in a similar vein to "lol 'member when Eto'o played on the wing for Everton lads and scored twice against Burnley"

Biggest payoff in Bisto history...

33D30E0500000578-0-image-a-29_1462358178428.jpg

Yessss looks like Rooney is staying and we can say what he can do with EDIT I meant to say Attacking manager* . I think fans will be suprised at just how much he has left in the tank :)

Last edited:

Yessss looks like Rooney is staying and we can say what he can do with anatrscking managed. I think fans will be suprised at just how much he has left in the tank :)
Glad you're staying, Wayne. Just remember to lay off the fags and booze during the summer. You'll need to be at your best next season or you won't be getting those guaranteed starts you want.

Why wait until tomorrow? - just pick up the phone Mosh. Make all 88% of the fans happier today. Frankly no-one is sure Silva is the right man and each has their own preference for Emery or Fonseca or Wenger or someone else . BUT its important that whoever it is can rally the support of the fans and change the atmosphere around Everton from survive to thrive!
Just one more sleep to go :)

We need to someone else to hate now.

Can someone nominate an interim replacement, until we turn on the new manager ?
I’m always happy to volunteer, I will be pretty good at it too! I am fat, arrogant, a terrible man-manager and I have an over inflated sense of worth plus i know absolutely nothing about football? (And yes I admit it, pie, chips and gravy is my favourite meal).

Status
Not open for further replies.