2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks less bad when we are away against the top Sides, mainly because we are limited in our attacking intent.

the Norwich game was one where we are supposed to be on the front foot and put teams under the cosh. He offered nothing - and that’s where he is even more seriously exposed than yesterday.

I have seen the calls that Dobbin should have started yesterday, but really he needs to be introduced carefully to manage his development. Putting massive expectation on his shoulders by giving him his full debut at OT would be a massive ask.

Playing Rondon really was the main option and will remain so until DCL is fit. I just hope that when he returns, Dobbin will continue to get some minutes.

Looks less bad when we are away against the top Sides, mainly because we are limited in our attacking intent.

the Norwich game was one where we are supposed to be on the front foot and put teams under the cosh. He offered nothing - and that’s where he is even more seriously exposed than yesterday.
A few points.

He is clearly not match fit and these games are effectively preseason for him.

DCL was out injured, our main striker.

Richarlison was out injured, our other main threat.

We still beat Norwich and drew away at OT.

Can't wait to see him leaving top defenders in his wake,when he's match fit obviously.
He will never do that and it’s pointless to suggest it, not his game. He will be an effective target man, he will score a few, he has scored a few free kicks.

Diabolical yes! Have you watched him? His lack of fitness should come into play in the second half or the last half an hour. What’s the excuse for his performances during the first half in each of these games?
You mean he didnt run himself into the ground in the first half leaving us needing to replace him with noone in the second?

Ok .......

He will never do that and it’s pointless to suggest it, not his game. He will be an effective target man, he will score a few, he has scored a few free kicks.
He has not been an effective target man for us. Perhaps you were hoodwinked into thinking so due to the counter attacking style we had to employ yesterday which limited opportunities but no one else was.

You mean he didnt run himself into the ground in the first half leaving us needing to replace him with noone in the second?

Ok .......
I’m not having a go of his effort just his ability.
He can’t jump
He can’t press
Hold up play is none existent
Goal threat none existent
No pace
Doesnt make good runs in and around the box

I haven’t seen any of the above in 4 consecutive games! That’s nothing to do with fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.