2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we not just back the guy, lads?

Rightly or wrongly, he's had no proper pre-season and wasn't expected to start games like he has done this early in the season. Writing him off before he's even properly prepared for Prem games again is a bit short sighted really.
I agree with this. He hasn’t been good in these first few matches but he wasn’t signed as a starter, it was reasonable to believe he may have had time on the training pitch to get fit and up to pace before being thrown in. He was a free for a reason and I am sure we are not paying him big wages, hence the two year deal.
Once DCL and Richy get back and he is on the bench maybe coming on here and there and possibly starting a few cup games I think we will see the benefit of having a tried and tested player.

Expected more from him if I’m honest. Saying that there is small signs of him improving his fitness. I will hold judgment on whether Brett Angel was better for now.

Why are people in such a rush to write players off with such venom? It's like a drug to some people. Very strange behaviour.

He's 32, came on a free transfer, and is on around £50k pw by all accounts. People are acting like we've blown our entire transfer budget on him.

But hey, they can smell blood and they want their kill. Absolute vile animals you are.
a professional footballer picking up £50k a week while being unfit, isn't good economics, he is back up that doesn't mean he shouldn't be fit for purpose. He's not good enough. That is my opinion, I am not a vile animal thank you, it's a forum for opinions like.

a professional footballer picking up £50k a week while being unfit, isn't good economics, he is back up that doesn't mean he shouldn't be fit for purpose. He's not good enough. That is my opinion, I am not a vile animal thank you, it's a forum for opinions like.
It wasn't so much directed at you, it's more the people saying "awful, gash, terrible, shocking player" etc. Everyone entitled to have their opinions, and in my opinion if you're writing a player off completely at this stage with such aggression and vitirol then that is a bit knee jerk to say the least, and being a tit.

He was signed as back up and would never have been thrusted in to a starting position had DCL and Richarlison not been injured. He isn't ready. Is it his fault that he isn't fit? Has he had enough time to get fit? Maybe, maybe not.

I predict he will turn out useful for us. If I'm wrong then I will happily hold my hands up, like I always do.

Time and time again players are written off by the same people and time and time again they will gingerly admit they were wrong. It happened very recently with Townsend and Gray. People just HAVE to be the first one to write a player off and piss themselves in anger.

Far too early to write him off. He hasn't played football for 4-5 months before joining, then had 2 weeks to try and get as fit as possible to try and play 3 games in a week. Although nothing on DCL, he was much stronger against United and cause them a few issues at times.

He's got another 2 weeks to get fitter and then hopefully make a bigger impact from the bench.

It wasn't so much directed at you, it's more people saying "awful, gash, terrible, shocking player" etc. Everyone entitled to have their opinions, and in my opinion if you're writing a player off completely at this stage with such aggression and vitirol then that is a bit knee jerk to say the least, and being a tit.

He was signed as back up and would never have been thrusted in to a starting position had DCL and Richarlison not been injured. He isn't ready. Is it his fault that he isn't fit? Has he had enough time to get fit? Maybe, maybe not.

I predict he will turn out useful for us. If I'm wrong then I will happily hold my hands up, like I always do.

Time and time again players are written off by the same people and time and time again they will gingerly admit they were wrong. It happened very recently with Townsend and Gray. People just HAVE to be the first one to write a player off and piss themselves in anger.

You know me too well mate because all of the above I have done lol

And I'll continue to do cos Ron Don is absolutely crap

Except the pissing in anger bit, I don't need to be angry to do that ;)

Why are people in such a rush to write players off with such venom? It's like a drug to some people. Very strange behaviour.

He's 32, came on a free transfer, and is on around £50k pw by all accounts. People are acting like we've blown our entire transfer budget on him.

But hey, they can smell blood and they want their kill. Absolute vile animals you are.
Agree with you that he needs time to prove his worth, are you sure he is on £50k a week, seems a high figure to me, I’d be surprised and I’d think he‘d delighted if he was on half that sum, although to be honest I haven’t got a clue how much he is on!!

Agree with you that he needs time to prove his worth, are you sure he is on £50k a week, seems a high figure to me, I’d be surprised and I’d think he‘d delighted if he was on half that sum, although to be honest I haven’t got a clue how much he is on!!
I just think it's too early for him personally. He is clearly unfit.

But then I always try to look on the positive side with our players. Perhaps it's a coping mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.