2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage he needs every excuse he can get
I’ve been following Everton since 1967 and he is genuinely the worst Centre Foreard I have seen play for us
No effort , no commitment, no desire , can’t /won’t tackle , can’t run , no ability with the ball at his feet , doesn’t trouble or worry defenders
At this stage I’d gladly give his locker to Naisse who at least looked interested
I think you're correct.
Hell I'd even have Stuart Barlow ahead of this guy.
And the Benitez fan club say that he can spot a good player.

Exactly
Tosun and Naisse while being muck at least they showed some desire and effort
Even training on your own for 4 months you would think he had a personal trainer to at least get him cardio fit

You're talking about a lad who isn't fit. That doesn't make him a "bad" player, it makes him one who isn't fit enough to be playing yet. Labelling him the worst you've seen in 50 years or whatever is ridiculous on that basis. He isn't an unknown quantity, we've seen plenty of him in the PL and while he isn't a world beater by any means (or good enough to make our XI for that matter), in terms of actual ability he's miles ahead of some of the wasters we've had down the years. This massive overreaction is simply down to the fact that he's miles and miles away from being fit enough to play.

Angell, Niasse, Sandro, Stracqualursi, Chadwick, Spencer, etc - all instantly spring to mind as worse players. The only thing they had going for them over Rondon is that they were fit. Rondon isn't, not even close to it. That's about it.

I think you're correct.
Hell I'd even have Stuart Barlow ahead of this guy.
And the Benitez fan club say that he can spot a good player.
Let's judge him in a few weeks when he has played a few games and has had the chance to get fit.
It was never intended that he would be starting games this early and is only doing so because of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.