2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has been poor. I really hoped that he could've done well for us...I get that he is a back up but I wasn't expecting him to score 10 goals. I was hoping him to win aerial duel and out muscle the defenders - get into good scoring positions. So far, he has been struggling. Would like to see one of the youngsters replacing him at the hour mark maybe.

We really miss DCL. I mean, even when DCL didn't score, he would trouble the defenders. DCL could miss the one-on-one, but at least his overall play is few levels above Rondon.

….even if a player isn’t match fit you would expect him to do something with the ball at his feet. He has been totally ineffective thus far, although there was a suggestion he has had Covid which might be a more valid excuse.
At this stage he needs every excuse he can get
I’ve been following Everton since 1967 and he is genuinely the worst Centre Foreard I have seen play for us
No effort , no commitment, no desire , can’t /won’t tackle , can’t run , no ability with the ball at his feet , doesn’t trouble or worry defenders
At this stage I’d gladly give his locker to Naisse who at least looked interested

He has been poor. I really hoped that he could've done well for us...I get that he is a back up but I wasn't expecting him to score 10 goals. I was hoping him to win aerial duel and out muscle the defenders - get into good scoring positions. So far, he has been struggling. Would like to see one of the youngsters replacing him at the hour mark maybe.

We really miss DCL. I mean, even when DCL didn't score, he would trouble the defenders. DCL could miss the one-on-one, but at least his overall play is few levels above Rondon.
The positive is he's completed 90 minutes.

We simply haven't got anything to replace him with yet. Just got to muddle through that international break.

Harsh all this stuff - The lad has been training by himself for 4 months, which would be a struggle for him to get up to speed anyway, but he's also been in China for 2 years before that and that in itself would have probably meant that it took a little time to get back up to speed anyway. We knew he wasn't fit, yet everyone is kicking off about the fact that he isn't fit. He was bought as a plan C striker - 20 mins off the bench as a target man etc. DCL and Richarlison are ahead of him in the pecking order. Neither Benitez nor Rondon would have expected him to be starting games this early. He would have been allowed to build up fitness without us noticing too much. Unfortunately he's had to start 3 games in 8 days because of injuries when he isn't really in the condition to start any games yet. The bright side for me is that I thought he was better on Saturday than he was against QPR or Villa. Do I want him starting games? No, of course not, I want him for what he was presumably brought in for - to be the "lump it to the big man" option we might occasionally need off the bench from time to time, and I'm sure he'll do alright at that. He's miles away from being match fit - Benitez knew that when he brought him in, just have to be patient and accept that the scenario we've found ourselves in where he is having to play is a really unlucky one and has probably cost us some points.

At this stage he needs every excuse he can get
I’ve been following Everton since 1967 and he is genuinely the worst Centre Foreard I have seen play for us
No effort , no commitment, no desire , can’t /won’t tackle , can’t run , no ability with the ball at his feet , doesn’t trouble or worry defenders
At this stage I’d gladly give his locker to Naisse who at least looked interested
Give over

Status
Not open for further replies.