2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave lad you think Rondon is being accommodated ahead of whom?

A half fit Simms who was playing in League One last season? lol

He's our 3rd choice CF
our first & second choices are injured

Therefore he plays - nothing controversial about that imo
He should not even be a choice if he can’t last 30mins. It is so horrible to watch it is as good as playing with 10men.

I say this again, Gordon did more in 15mins than rondon did the entire game.
I’d rather play someone who is fit and enthusiastic than someone who can’t run to save his life.

He should not even be a choice if he can’t last 30mins. It is so horrible to watch it is as good as playing with 10men.

I say this again, Gordon did more in 15mins than rondon did the entire game.
I’d rather play someone who is fit and enthusiastic than someone who can’t run to save his life.

Only way he gets match fit is by playing mate.

No mea culpa Kev, although I am old enough to remember the Latin mass. I have said from the beginning that I want us to win, I have also made it quite clear that I don’t like Benitez, but, I don’t want him to lose, he is the custodian of my team I never want Everton to lose.

The thing is, I will give credit to Benitez when he performs well, but, I will be a harsh critic when I think he has got it wrong. Unlike the Benitez is god crowd, I have a balanced view of the situation. He is a competent manager who will keep us safe while we balance the books, no more, no less. He was also a very divisive appointment who will always be 3 bad results from crowd unrest.

I look forward to the day when our finances are more stable, we are in the new stadium and Benitez has gone. Until then, I will just have to live with him.

I don’t think there will be a mea culpa regarding Rondon. He is just not worth the outlay, I can see us paying a 33 year old Rondon to replace Tosun as our missing in action striker next season. The more things change the more they stay the same.
Roy I reckon that many people on here think it is a balanced view to see Benitez as a middling manager who will steady the ship and no more. i think it's plain wrong. I think he's the best guy we've had for the job since Kendall. Now obv, we are going to find out over the next couple of years who is right, but it is a shame to see the differing reactions to identical starts by Carlo and Rafael. We're in berrer hands now than last year, that's for sure.

Its certainly not a balanced view to see him as the second coming, honestly, some of the pro Benitez posts on here have verged on the ridiculous.

As you say, time will prove who is right but the pro Benitez lobby are every bit as provocative as his detractors. I would be delighted to see Benitez over achieve here but I don't believe it will happen. I also think the unrest amongst some of the fans will reappear each time he has a bad run.

A very divisive appointment who, in my opinion has been brought in to steady the ship whilst the books are balanced.

Its certainly not a balanced view to see him as the second coming, honestly, some of the pro Benitez posts on here have verged on the ridiculous.

As you say, time will prove who is right but the pro Benitez lobby are every bit as provocative as his detractors. I would be delighted to see Benitez over achieve here but I don't believe it will happen. I also think the unrest amongst some of the fans will reappear each time he has a bad run.

A very divisive appointment who, in my opinion has been brought in to steady the ship whilst the books are balanced.
Good post! Says what I want to but more clearly.

King never got a chance here who knows how that would have worked out mate but ultimately a fit Rondon is a target man to aim for in terms of leading the line/holding the ball up which isn't King's game.

I have no problem with the signing tbh pal - free transfer, 12 months left on his deal if it doesn't work out this season or if he does get upto speed somewhat and bags a few goals off the bench when DCL is fit he's offered more than any other back up forward for some time.

For me its a case of moaning for moaning sake with some (not saying you mate) - we are 5th, 1 point off top so quick lets moan at our 3rd choice CF.

Once DCL & Richarlison are back no one will be bothered about the guy.
I think the scary thing for me is mate he looks so off the pace that I don't think it's just fitness.

He can't trap a ball. And I don't think that's just fitness. He's been playing at a really poor level for the majority of two seasons, and this was always my concern with the signing. Hopefully he picks up with more games...

And I'd love to have your confidence that our players will stay fit but I just know our luck.

There just isn’t an excuse for him to be playing- not even the injury issues. Anybody would be better. You can make the argument that he can give you 60 minutes then bring in a fresh pair of legs to close out the game, but it seems like a waste of a sub. As long as we are winning against the likes of Norwich and so on, idc. He certainly held us back at Villa. That is my concern- he takes us out of winnable games.

Status
Not open for further replies.