2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched his interview and I like the cut of his jib.
Sounds genuine and expects / knows he needs to put the effort in.
Time will tell of course but he’s always struck me as a grafter (with end product too), certainly been a thorn in our side before.
Just a shame we’ve had to pay him £394,000.15 per week :coffee:

I can’t wait for him to score with a header, so I can say ‘ he leapt like a Salomon at the far post’. Seriously though, I wish the lad all the best, but, his contract is far too long and his wages are far too high.

He’s a back up striker, 32 years of age and coming to us off the back of 2 years in semi retirement in China. If he doesn’t work out this season, good luck with moving him on if his wages are anything like what has been rumoured.
youre seriously not worrying we've spent too much this window? he's on a 2 year contract, it's another excellent deal sadly. £1.7m spent, with 4 new arrivals.

youre seriously not worrying we've spent too much this window? he's on a 2 year contract, it's another excellent deal sadly. £1.7m spent, with 4 new arrivals.
No I'm worrying that its more of the same, 32 years old 2 year contract. If he doesn't work out or if Benitez is sacked before the end of the season, it will be very difficult to move him on if he's on more than 35k per week.

So once again potentially paying high wages to somebody we can't shift. We have to move on from signing old players on high wages.

Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a good option, certainly better than King or Kean but, yes I'm afraid it does matter what his wage is and he should have been given 1 year with a further years option.

Just watched his interview and I like the cut of his jib.
Sounds genuine and expects / knows he needs to put the effort in.
Time will tell of course but he’s always struck me as a grafter (with end product too), certainly been a thorn in our side before.
Just a shame we’ve had to pay him £394,000.15 per week :coffee:
That's nothing compared to James's £978,545.17 per week

Status
Not open for further replies.