Confirmed Signing Ruben Vinagre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is a surprise, I came here to share my thoughts on MGW. So now I'm here I might as well share my thoughts on Vinagre. I think I am right in saying Wolves signed him for 2 million. At the time I had high hopes, he was young 19 i think, and he seemed to have plenty of potential, like to take on players, and loved a step over, or six. he also had good pace. but defensively had a lot to learn. But he was young, so wasn't too worried, and looked forward to him kicking on.

Sadly that never happened, he never made any real progress and I wasn't surprised when we let him go. I have heard talk that you could sign him permanently for 18 million? no idea if that is true, but it is hard to believe he is worth that, although Wolves would get 50% so I hope so.

In Summary a player that flatters to deceive, looks like he has something, but never really developed into anything. (at least at Wolves) To be fair that was a few years ago, so maybe his game has matured. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't get too excited.

Sounds like he will fit right lol. Least it is low risk

IFTikuY.png

Well this is a surprise, I came here to share my thoughts on MGW. So now I'm here I might as well share my thoughts on Vinagre. I think I am right in saying Wolves signed him for 2 million. At the time I had high hopes, he was young 19 i think, and he seemed to have plenty of potential, like to take on players, and loved a step over, or six. he also had good pace. but defensively had a lot to learn. But he was young, so wasn't too worried, and looked forward to him kicking on.

Sadly that never happened, he never made any real progress and I wasn't surprised when we let him go. I have heard talk that you could sign him permanently for 18 million? no idea if that is true, but it is hard to believe he is worth that, although Wolves would get 50% so I hope so.

In Summary a player that flatters to deceive, looks like he has something, but never really developed into anything. (at least at Wolves) To be fair that was a few years ago, so maybe his game has matured. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't get too excited.

^^^^

Like someone following you out the shop when you just bought a pair of kecks, telling you that they had them and they fell apart after one wash.

Dave thinks this lad is coming in to be our starting RB ahead of Patterson
I think he can step across, because he himself said he could.

Also, we'll have the option of a RWB with McNeil in now.

This window is starting to take shape: buy utility players who can cover 2/3 positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.