Confirmed Signing Ruben Vinagre

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they're just words Dave, probably intended to show his new manager that he is willing to play anywhere, but the fact is he has never played a competitive game at right back in his whole professional career. Even Tierney, who I agree has shown that he can play there effectively if called upon, has as far as i'm aware only ever been called upon to do so in the occasional game for Scotland.

Your post made out that it is not unheard of to see left footed players play right back for clubs at the top level. I asked you to name just one player to have done so on a fairly regular basis. It isn't intended to catch you out Dave.

Seen plenty do it the other way around, right footers playing left back. But not left footers playing right back. It just doesn't happen to my knowledge.
I've explained before on this that it's just statistical. 90% of people are right sided, so the number of players who play RB who are left footed isn't going to be huge.

The principle of playing 'wrong-footed' players though remains for both sides of the pitch. Left footed left backs and right footed right backs can get shown the touchline and corralled out of the game and they tend not to come inside too much to create different attacking lines.

If you can get one to play wrong footed then that's a good option to have...whatever the flank.

It seems that Vinagre has that ability, or why else would he say he had?

Who is he? Where's he from? What position does he play? Is he any good?

I'm brimming with excitement at the prospect of the Yugoslav maestro lighting up the premier league. Welcome aboard Vin.

undermining the position of our current number one mykolenko, I say well done and the only way is down to the relegaton zone.

I mean WHAT THE HELL!!! WE NEED A DM!!!

Who does these deals ? Double what Sporting paid for him

Good luck to him here though

Suppose if he comes in and has an absolute stormer of a season it'll seem very little, chances are he won't get a huge amount of game time if Mykolenko stays fit and performs, he'll just be adequate cover and then go back to Sporting.

Well if it means we didn't have to play Godfrey at LB, meaning Tarkowski and the ghost of Bobby Moore didn't have to play at CB when the rest are inevitably injured/suspended, it might help
Yeah, I mean it won't hurt, but we all know we need a proper midfielder (ideally 2) and a Richarlison replacement, though. Without those players a reserve LB isn't going to keep us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.