Confirmed Signing Ruben Vinagre

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Everton have the option to purchase the player at the end of the season for a fee in the region of £18m"

:Blink:
Sporting CP had him on loan and have bought him and then sent him straight out on loan to Everton a couple of weeks later, they are obviously hoping to pass him on permanently, so perhaps in their loan deal last season they had an obligation to buy, or an extremely bargain price?

Basically a Sidibe-type signing this. We'll have him for a season and see what he can do. If he's not good enough he's goes back no harm down and we all just forget.

Mykolenko does need competition and Nkounkou isn't going to offer that. Neither would Godfrey in an emergency. Kenny absolutely wasn't.

Well this is a surprise, I came here to share my thoughts on MGW. So now I'm here I might as well share my thoughts on Vinagre. I think I am right in saying Wolves signed him for 2 million. At the time I had high hopes, he was young 19 i think, and he seemed to have plenty of potential, like to take on players, and loved a step over, or six. he also had good pace. but defensively had a lot to learn. But he was young, so wasn't too worried, and looked forward to him kicking on.

Sadly that never happened, he never made any real progress and I wasn't surprised when we let him go. I have heard talk that you could sign him permanently for 18 million? no idea if that is true, but it is hard to believe he is worth that, although Wolves would get 50% so I hope so.

In Summary a player that flatters to deceive, looks like he has something, but never really developed into anything. (at least at Wolves) To be fair that was a few years ago, so maybe his game has matured. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't get too excited.

Well this is a surprise, I came here to share my thoughts on MGW. So now I'm here I might as well share my thoughts on Vinagre. I think I am right in saying Wolves signed him for 2 million. At the time I had high hopes, he was young 19 i think, and he seemed to have plenty of potential, like to take on players, and loved a step over, or six. he also had good pace. but defensively had a lot to learn. But he was young, so wasn't too worried, and looked forward to him kicking on.

Sadly that never happened, he never made any real progress and I wasn't surprised when we let him go. I have heard talk that you could sign him permanently for 18 million? no idea if that is true, but it is hard to believe he is worth that, although Wolves would get 50% so I hope so.

In Summary a player that flatters to deceive, looks like he has something, but never really developed into anything. (at least at Wolves) To be fair that was a few years ago, so maybe his game has matured. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't get too excited.
Hard to guage the excitement levels in this thread on this guy, but I'd say your advice is being followed

Status
Not open for further replies.