Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe at this very moment a Coleman/drenthe right hand side is a worrying but exciting thought, but surely these reasons are why professional teams have coaches and plenty of training.

There both young and I have no doubt Coleman will carry on learning and improving... Can drenthe??

My first thought was "Oh crap he's going to make a stupid pass and Chelsea is going to get right back into the game." That did happen about 1 min after he came on. However after that he played well IMO, his speed kept the Chelsea back line honest.

This. If Royston could learn to play like Pienaar does he would be Pienaar plus blistering pace and a better shot, up there with the most dangerous wingers in the league. If we could get Coleman overlapping like Baines does from right back our wings would be absolutely devastating. This will never happen though because Moyes would need a Neville or a Hibbert behind Drenthe and at this moment in time I agree with him. Attack-wise i'd be having wet dreams about that right flank but also chilling nightmares from a defensive point of view.
Getting Roysten to play like Pienarr haha FFS that's like saying we should get Osmsn playing like David Silva , Roysten's not in the same league as Pienarr for one reason( Football Brain) Roysten doesn't possess one , this is something you can't teach, you can't teach one style of player to become another and even if you could that will never happen in a million years, Roysten has been the same where ever he's played in his career , the lad has ability don't get me wrong but he's always going to frustrate, and waste possession very cheap, I wouldn't be signing him personally if I was Moyes

Getting Roysten to play like Pienarr haha FFS that's like saying we should get Osmsn playing like David Silva , Roysten's not in the same league as Pienarr for one reason( Football Brain) Roysten doesn't possess one , this is something you can't teach, you can't teach one style of player to become another and even if you could that will never happen in a million years, Roysten has been the same where ever he's played in his career , the lad has ability don't get me wrong but he's always going to frustrate, and waste possession very cheap, I wouldn't be signing him personally if I was Moyes
Don't always agree with you Xavi, but you are spot on there. He is not one for me either.

He's the same as every player : you use him to his strengths, you don't try and make him something he isn't just because thats the kind of player you want.

He's pacy and tricky and we do not have a single player in our squad who gives us that. He isn't perfect but no player is.

Allow him to do what he does best and you have an important player. Try to turn him into soemthing he's not and you risk losing what made him good in the first place.

He's the same as every player : you use him to his strengths, you don't try and make him something he isn't just because thats the kind of player you want.

He's pacy and tricky and we do not have a single player in our squad who gives us that. He isn't perfect but no player is.

Allow him to do what he does best and you have an important player. Try to turn him into soemthing he's not and you risk losing what made him good in the first place.
take a bow son top post

BOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Deathbyropeandglass.... Sorry I don't agree fully with yer.

While you don't want to take away his attacking threat, there is nothing wrong with improving other parts of his game. SAF did it with nani, too a certain extent ronaldo.

By improving his game he can become a essential player playing week in week out. If you accept drenthe how he is then his role can be no more than impact player off the bench with occasional starts.

It's simply with drenthe IMO there's times to dribble and take people on there's times to keep the ball and take the pressure off your defence.

Look at pienaar... The perfect example, drenthe would do well to watch and learn how and when pienaar plays the game!

He's been off in recent games.

I don't know where to stand with the guy, one minute he's doing flip-flaps and beating multiple opponents.

The next he's walking around playing silly cross-field balls.

If there was a choice between him and Pienaar, Peanuts would win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.