2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed totally. In my opinion he got Davies completely backwards this pre-season. He should have started against the Slovaks at Goodison instead of Gana, and against Sevilla, Gana probably would have been the better choice.

Also I'm not sure Davies and Klaassen are best served by playing together. It's too likely they will try and occupy the same space.

Don't get me started on Kenny either. There's no evidence whatsoever he can't handle the RB position at this level. And his ability to go forward completely opens up our attack, it was so obvious when he came on against Sevilla. Without that, we are SOOOOOO narrow.
So giving them all game time to get them match fit pre season had nothing to do with his selections

Koeman still expects him to be sold.

Ronald Koeman has warned Tottenham Hotspur they'd be wasting their time attempting to snap up Ross Barkley for a bargain price on deadline day.

Barkley's long-term future will be away from Goodison after he refused the offer of a new deal in May, with his current contract due to expire next summer.

Tottenham Hotspur are front-runners for the 23-year-old's signature and were this week reported to be contemplating a £25million bid.

But with no offer yet forthcoming, Koeman has stated there is no chance Everton will lower their asking price for Barkley when the transfer window prepares to close at the end of the month.

Why this player has to start for Everton and in his right position too

“No, of course not,” he said. “We have the experience of what we need to pay for players who came here and had one year of contract (Everton paid £25m for Michael Keane last month).

“If there is a club thinking we can wait until the last day and we put some money on the table and we get Ross Barkley, sorry, you do not get Ross Barkley.”

Asked if Tottenham were following that approach, Koeman said: “I do not know. I am not sure. I have some experience.

“When I was in Southampton we lost some players, but I am mentioning the name of no club.”

JS117007642.jpg

Ross Barkley is back in training for Everton
Koeman was in charge of the Saints in 2015 when Tottenham pursued Victor Wanyama in a similar manner without actually making a formal bid.

The player eventually moved to White Hart Lane the following year.

Barkley return to training this week following a groin operation, and Koeman has reiterated the midfielder will be considered for selection should he remain at Goodison beyond August 31.

Sigurdsson still close but subject to "games" between clubs - Koeman

However, the Blues boss remains convinced Barkley will complete a transfer in the coming weeks.

“Still I believe he will make the move,” said the Dutchman.

“If not he is a player of Everton and if he shows to me he is one of the best then it is possible he can start, like everyone.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ttenham-everton-barkley-transfer-13461659.amp

Alternatively TT, get a shift on with a proper bid tightarse.

Yep possibly. He hasn't signed so ideally we sell. Sooner the better. But we need a minimum price we deal at, probably 25-30m. Anything lower and we keep him.

Ross can always end this nonsense tho by saying he wants a contract and he's sorry tho. It's not too late, but he needs to find some humility and apologise.

Yep possibly. He hasn't signed so ideally we sell. Sooner the better. But we need a minimum price we deal at, probably 25-30m. Anything lower and we keep him.

Ross can always end this nonsense tho by saying he wants a contract and he's sorry tho. It's not too late, but he needs to find some humility and apologise.

Apologize for what? Having a knob for an agent?

As for Ross. I'd be perfectly fine with him coming back into the fold and being up for first team selection. As long as he's fit and he's focused on task at hand, he can still add something to this club.

I'd make him train alone... down thto local park... so the gangsters can get him

Status
Not open for further replies.