2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its out of RKs hands our board as he sated are negotiating the price for SIG - more than likely he may come?

I don't think you understand the point I was making?

You said the board might decide against £50m Sigurdsson because keeping Barkley is better and cheaper.

Like we have any say on whether Barkley stays.

Yet it's strange how he improved last year under Koeman. Yes, he had the odd stinker and would get dropped but if you compare his performances to the year before, he undoubtedly improved last year.

For me, he is an example of young English footballers. Too much money and hype too soon and as a result has unreasonable expectations. Being the stand out product of our academy for the last 10 years, he has been bigged up massively. He's probably been told how class he is since he's been at the academy. Now I must add, in fairness to Ross, I don't think he exclusively fits into the category of overhyped/ pampered English players, I think it is widespread.

However, Koeman has come in, not treated him like the darling, demanded consistency and Ross has can't take it. The ironic thing is that under Koeman's tutelage, he has actually improved last season. But Ross is used to having is ego massaged, so he wants out.

This nails it for me with Ross.

But I really do hope there is a silver lining in Europa league: tonnes of games. opportunity for all our midfield. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two 20-30+ m offers on the table before the window shuts - and that might seal it. But keeping a fit and Ross firing on all cylinders is better than a signing.

SO FOR ME ... stick an arm around him someone!! Him piddling around out the team, waiting for a deal at Christmas for a reduced fee is bad for Everton and Ross. If before then he's back playing well and firing in goals then it would up the fee, benefit Everton and he may even extend!

The more he plays and plays well - the more both sides win.

Employee using their rights to find employment where they wish should be punished?

If he ends up staying here for another year, whether he signs a contract or not, let him play. I'm sure everyone can be an adult about it

It's not whether being an adult thing to do or not. If he is going, someone should play and have gamtime for development because they want to be here.

If he decides to run down his contract it is the worst thing he can do because this will cause the club a lot of money.

Last edited:

We don't know anything yet before 31 August.

And Barkley is no Sanchez.
So both haven't got one year left on their contract
Both haven't been tapped up
Both want to leave their respective clubs
Both haven't been replaced / soon will be replaced (Siggy /Lacazette) by their managers
Both clubs haven't said they won't be sold / sold only if the offer is right
I agree that Sanches is a better player but the similarities in their situation are striking and Arsenal will play Sanches for one year more depriving someone who wants to be there gametime

Status
Not open for further replies.