2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think he may end up staying, IF something can be sorted to make the off the field stuff go away, as still think that is the driving behind the scenes reason for him going
Well if it is the off field stuff I'm sure the club could get it sorted
Moshiri only has to go to his boss tell him the situation and Usmanov could send a couple of his countrymen around for tea and biscuits with the individuals concerned and ask them to leave Rosco alone and assure them that his womanising ways are behind him

The Europa league match counted for something mate
Yes and Ronko picked a team for both matches good enough to win but also spreading game time around the squad
Do you honestly think Martina will start many games for us this season , he still needs to be match fit just in case
Saturday will be the first real indication of Ronkos team and formation for the season.
That may well change depending on the type of striker we bring in before the window closes
Who knows if we get a top quality left sided CB who is a starter we may even change to 3at the back.
Pre season means nothing ( even Europa league ) as regards the starting 11 , it's all about getting players ready .

I have not been Barkley's biggest fan (nor detractor) - but even I can see that 30mill for Barkley is a bargain in today's money! Undoubted talent - needs the right man to bring it out of him.

If he went to a club managed by a Zidane (or anyone else who also played the same kind of role) he would come on leaps and bounds very quickly. Think his biggest problem is he has not been coached by the right man yet considering he has so far worked under Moyes/Martinez and Ronko.

I have not been Barkley's biggest fan (nor detractor) - but even I can see that 30mill for Barkley is a bargain in today's money! Undoubted talent - needs the right man to bring it out of him.

If he went to a club managed by a Zidane (or anyone else who also played the same kind of role) he would come on leaps and bounds very quickly. Think his biggest problem is he has not been coached by the right man yet considering he has so far worked under Moyes/Martinez and Ronko.
In today's money? Everyone has doubled in price.

Yet it's strange how he improved last year under Koeman. Yes, he had the odd stinker and would get dropped but if you compare his performances to the year before, he undoubtedly improved last year.

For me, he is an example of young English footballers. Too much money and hype too soon and as a result has unreasonable expectations. Being the stand out product of our academy for the last 10 years, he has been bigged up massively. He's probably been told how class he is since he's been at the academy. Now I must add, in fairness to Ross, I don't think he exclusively fits into the category of overhyped/ pampered English players, I think it is widespread.

However, Koeman has come in, not treated him like the darling, demanded consistency and Ross has can't take it. The ironic thing is that under Koeman's tutelage, he has actually improved last season. But Ross is used to having is ego massaged, so he wants out.

He'll sign a new contract IMO some time after the window closes.
Hope so -RK has stated the SIG transfer is not down to him he needs the board to back him and see it through - maybe the board think 50 million is too much easier to keep Ross???...............
one can hope as we need other players!
especially a goalscorer!

Hope so -RK has stated the SIG transfer is not down to him he needs the board to back him and see it through - maybe the board think 50 million is too much easier to keep Ross???...............
one can hope as we need other players!
especially a goalscorer!

Not sure Everton are in a position to renege on Sigurdsson deal and just 'keep' Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.