2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
What people aren't seeming to grasp is it's not the absence of Barkley that is killing us (albeit I would welcome him with open arms into the team). It's Koeman's oddball selections that are making us look like scrubs. Notice how Lookman came into the game and everything changed around. He needs to be smarter with his selections.

100%. While I acknowledge RK forgot more about football than I'll never know...it unsettles me that he doesn't see the obvious. He's paid to see the not so obvious, but if he can't figure out we're better with Lookman in the side, I'm flummoxed.

100%. While I acknowledge RK forgot more about football than I'll never know...it unsettles me that he doesn't see the obvious. He's paid to see the not so obvious, but if he can't figure out we're better with Lookman in the side, I'm flummoxed.
It's not just Lookman (albeit he can be electrifying). You have to add some balance to the side... if you aren't going to drop one of Snides or Gueye, drop one of Klassen or Rooney and bring in someone that can carry the ball. Lookman and Mirallas can both do that in the middle whereas Rooney and Klassen are more dependent on the movement around them to be effective.

It's not just Lookman (albeit he can be electrifying). You have to add some balance to the side... if you aren't going to drop one of Snides or Gueye, drop one of Klassen or Rooney and bring in someone that can carry the ball. Lookman and Mirallas can both do that in the middle whereas Rooney and Klassen are more dependent on the movement around them to be effective.

Agreed totally. In my opinion he got Davies completely backwards this pre-season. He should have started against the Slovaks at Goodison instead of Gana, and against Sevilla, Gana probably would have been the better choice.

Also I'm not sure Davies and Klaassen are best served by playing together. It's too likely they will try and occupy the same space.

Don't get me started on Kenny either. There's no evidence whatsoever he can't handle the RB position at this level. And his ability to go forward completely opens up our attack, it was so obvious when he came on against Sevilla. Without that, we are SOOOOOO narrow.

I hope not Dave, if it were up to me I'd even consider keeping him for the season rather than let him go for that price. That's why I mentioned Andre Gray going for 18.5, surely ross is worth double that. it'll be a travesty if he goes for anything less.

A player like Barkley should be sold for nothing short of £50M. However, we are in a poor negotiating position and the player wont stay here now. If it is Spurs with Barkley in their sights then Levy would be a fool for letting Everton get away with a fee of anywhere approaching £30M. IMO, he'll be sold for o more than £25M.

well to be fair pal, if your barkley and a club only want you if they can get you on a low fee, and aren't prepared to make a decent acceptable offer maybe he'd think to himself, hang on these don't even really want me why should I go there ( not that he would because he isn't the brightest )

What does it matter to him how much a of a bargain Levy wants to drive? As long as the manager wants him he wont be arsed.

Andre Gray just went for £18.5m and he was in his last year.
Ross Barkley is on a different planet to Gray.
Did Watford want to keep him?

Koeman doesn't want to keep Barkley and EVERYONE knows it.

That's the numb nuts strategy laid down at the end of last season that has us being ripped off.

Because when his contract runs out next season, they risk losing Ross to a lot more interest from lots of other clubs with him being available for free.

That's possible but highly improbable given that Everton would turn down £20M-£25M now and get f.a. next summer.

Did Watford want to keep him?

Koeman doesn't want to keep Barkley and EVERYONE knows it.

That's the numb nuts strategy laid down at the end of last season that has us being ripped off.
You don't need to convince me on this Dave.
I've said many times Koemans ultimatum of 'weeks' at the end of last season has made him look a tit over this.
I was just stating what other clubs are getting for players ( inferior ones to Ross ) that are in the last year of contract.

You don't need to convince me on this Dave.
I've said many times Koemans ultimatum of 'weeks' at the end of last season has made him look a tit over this.
I was just stating what other clubs are getting for players ( inferior ones to Ross ) that are in the last year of contract.
If I was Levy I'd put a £15M bid on the table.

If, as seems likely, Barkley is all but on board with Spurs then he'd have the perfect right to use this manager's words about no interest in Barkley to offer a low ball bid like that...and I'd have £20M to £25M as the very outer limit of where this can go to.

If I was Levy I'd put a £15M bid on the table.

If, as seems likely, Barkley is all but on board with Spurs then he'd have the perfect right to use this manager's words about no interest in Barkley to offer a low ball bid like that...and I'd have £20M to £25M as the very outer limit of where this can go to.

Dont recall Koeman saying he had no interest in him; just that he didnt want to sign a big contract, and then saying what everyone in football knows; players entering a final year are open season for suitors.

Unless you are Wenger that is.

* enters thread, sees @davek raging again

** exits thread

im_watching_you.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.