2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, Barkley could sign a contract, run on the pitch, sign 3,000 autographs, resurrect Dixie Dean and alter the fabric of time and space to give us five consecutive league titles and fans of ours would boo him.

He's got it non-stop every season, regardless of form or contract, so I can only imagine the reaction to him from the mutants around me at Goodison if he plays for us again now.
Same here mate. He could be having a stormer and as soon as he makes his first loose pass they'll be on his back. That will continue. I just don't think the whole crowd will wholesale turn against him and start booing just because he hasn't signed a contract. You may get the odd few who try it but I'm sure they'll be told to pipe down by the fans around them pretty damn quick.

That could all change of course if he goes out with the wrong attitude. But I just can't see that happening. Assuming he ends up staying of course which is very unlikely.

Better that by Koeman, puts any negotiations back in our favour, he should have said that from the beginning of this drama. It also gives Ross a chance at a u-turn and stay with the club.
Lol.

He'll go for buttons.

This is just Koeman trying to make it look like RB wont be any great loss...I think though that the utter tat he's brought in to replace him this summer contradicts that nonsense big time.

[

Big time.

I'm pretty sure the Spurs deal is all in the bag but due to are own manager openly saying he's not playing Everton, and our own board slapping £50mill on him, they'll wait until the window near and lower the price.

Simples.

Keep hearing this. Why haven't they bid then? Even made an opening bid of about £18m? They've got no competition so there's a free run at him, and they know we'd sell. Why isn't it getting done?

Of course I know that; representatives of the club will first find out if he's interested, then informal discussions will take place between the players reps and the club to see if a mutual agreement can be met before any official bid is lodged officially.

But, May was when Ross Barkley informed Ronald Koeman that he wanted a challenge, and I presume his representatives would have been informed weeks/months prior that he wanted out, so I'd imagine his name would have been brandishing around boardrooms throughout the country.

Now, conservatively, if we say he's been "informally" in discussions with clubs for 4 months and not one as come to an agreement with him, does that not strike you as strange. A fantastic talent, well thought of throughout the game and people think that it's all to save a couple of million in a transfer??

A talent becomes available and top teams jump, even if they don't need him. A purchase that stops a competitor grabbing him. If Spurs are waiting till the end of august to save £5/10m then that says it all, nobody else wants him and Spurs aren't that fussed because they're prepared to wait it out
I disagree.

Firstly because, as others have pointed out, I don't think his agent would allow him to turn down a contract offer if he wasn't pretty certain that either an improved offer would come from Everton or a deal could be agreed with another club. It just wouldn't make sense.

Secondly, because this is in no way an unusual situation. Arsenal are in a similar situation with Sanchez but there have been no official bids. Do you think nobody wants him? Van Dijk has come out making it clear that he wants out at Southampton and everybody knows they'll sell him, but are they knocking back bids every day?

Finally, because Koeman leads us to believe that we will be signing 3/4 more players 'late in the window'. Are we supposed to believe that they're all rubbish because we took so long to make our move?

I should also point out that if you really understand the point in my original post, your final paragraph makes no sense. What I was trying to get across is that he may have already indicated that Spurs are his preferred destination, and that he would accept the contract terms they are proposing. It has nothing to do with others not wanting him if his decision has already been communicated to those who matter.

Can see Spurs panic buying him for about 35 mill in the next week or two just to keep the fans quiet cos they haven't signed anyone. Andre Gray only had a year left on his Burnley contract and just went to Watford for 18.5 mill.
If only. I can see this going as low as £20M.

Lol.

He'll go for buttons.

This is just Koeman trying to make it look like RB wont be any great loss...I think though that the utter tat he's brought in to replace him this summer contradicts that nonsense big time.
I hope you are wrong.

No chance he goes for £20m.

What's the incentive for a buying club who have him in their pocket right now to pay more than Everton want? The club will get nothing next season. £20M now can go toward a decent CB and LB.

If only. I can see this going as low as £20M.

I hope not Dave, if it were up to me I'd even consider keeping him for the season rather than let him go for that price. That's why I mentioned Andre Gray going for 18.5, surely ross is worth double that. it'll be a travesty if he goes for anything less.

What's the incentive for a buying club who have him in their pocket right now to pay more than Everton want? The club will get nothing next season. £20M now can go toward a decent CB and LB.

well to be fair pal, if your barkley and a club only want you if they can get you on a low fee, and aren't prepared to make a decent acceptable offer maybe he'd think to himself, hang on these don't even really want me why should I go there ( not that he would because he isn't the brightest )

I disagree.

Firstly because, as others have pointed out, I don't think his agent would allow him to turn down a contract offer if he wasn't pretty certain that either an improved offer would come from Everton or a deal could be agreed with another club. It just wouldn't make sense.

Secondly, because this is in no way an unusual situation. Arsenal are in a similar situation with Sanchez but there have been no official bids. Do you think nobody wants him? Van Dijk has come out making it clear that he wants out at Southampton and everybody knows they'll sell him, but are they knocking back bids every day?

Finally, because Koeman leads us to believe that we will be signing 3/4 more players 'late in the window'. Are we supposed to believe that they're all rubbish because we took so long to make our move?

I should also point out that if you really understand the point in my original post, your final paragraph makes no sense. What I was trying to get across is that he may have already indicated that Spurs are his preferred destination, and that he would accept the contract terms they are proposing. It has nothing to do with others not wanting him if his decision has already been communicated to those who matter.

Firstly; alexis Sanchez hasn't told the world he wants out of Arsenal. He hasn't signed a contract but he certainly hasn't made it obvious that he wants to join a new challenge. vVD only handed in a transfer request 2 days ago, so a rather pointless comparison.

The bolder bit is utter BS lid, I have no idea how that is even close to what this discussion is about. Just a bizarre ramble.

Yes he may have agreed a deal with Spurs; but what's stopping Chelsea all of a sudden showing an interest and that turns his head, then the agreement means jack and Spurs lose out because they want to penny pinch. Anyway, haven't received one bid for him.

I'm bored of Ross Barkley anyway, he's stuck 2 fingers up to the club and treated the fans with contempt. Not even having the decency to release a statement on his decision. He can do one for all I care

Keep hearing this. Why haven't they bid then? Even made an opening bid of about £18m? They've got no competition so there's a free run at him, and they know we'd sell. Why isn't it getting done?

Not being bed in to the team, not having time to settle into a new location, not getting to participate in preseason training and improving for your fitness as well as learning what the manager wants from you.

All to save a couple of mill, sounds plausible in this day and age of multi billion pound commercial deals

Status
Not open for further replies.