2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Koeman realized he was being a tit and could use Barkley more than he'd care to admit.

Dont think Koeman cares.

Think Ross maybe panicking a bit now though after Koeman let it be known that Barkley told him at the end of the season he wants off - basically dropping him in it. That made a large portion of the fans turn on him and question him, but I think Ross thought he'd have had all sorts of offers now and would be gone.

Now its looking like clubs may not want to part with £30mill and he may be stuck, it appears to me like he is trying to build bridges.

He very well may do mate.

As for it being spurs, not unless they will completely shatter their wage structure - which given reports how far away both parties where on those figures, and after Rose comments today - whose only on 60k as the best left back in this league, i seriously doubt he will be going there.

Remove spurs from the mix, the list of teams he could go too is not exactly massive and he wouldn't start for any of them either.

If he does go Spurs etc for 60k pw - which is less than he is currently on, then it effectively confirms that he is leaving the club for none footballing reasons as a lot of rumours suggest may indeed be the case
You'll see.

You think the board makes an assessment of whether a player should be offered a new contract or not without the manager telling them what's what?

But ok...
Like I said, no one who is in a position to argue that the new contract offer is poor has come out and said so, and in my experience agents are never backward about spouting their mouths off.

Just throwing this out there.......but what if its been Koeman's intention to keep Ross all along by pricing him out a move.

Then him maybe realising that we're his best option and signing the offered contract.

arms-race.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.