2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find this hard to believe.

First. Barkley is playing in a highly competitive professional sport, is extremely well paid and is regarded as a player with quality above the ordinary. He is an international player where the standard is even higher again.
Are we to believe that he cannot cope with the demands of the sport that he has chosen as his career?
Has he spent his entire career surrounded by coaches offering nothing but praise until Koeman arrived.

Can you imagine then how managers like Pochettino, Conte and Wenger would assess news like that ?

Do we even know if this story from Paul Joyce has come from Barkley or his representatives? To be fair to the lad, he's not kicked off publicly in the press before, so I'm reserving judgment until all the facts have been unearthed.

If any of you like a bet,

On sky bet:

Ross barkley to join spurs before the end of the window is now out to a tempting 9/4.

Or to leave Everton for any club 11/8

He's odds on to remain at Everton. (Following his injury)
Bookies very rarely get it wrong
Only once have I met a poor bookie
Most are extremely
Above all this is a disaster for Barkley.

I genuinely believe that Everton will not sell him at a give away price . However, I am not sure how genuinely interested clubs like Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are in signing the player. Waiting until the last minute hoping to pick up a bargain is hardly a ringing endorsement of confidence in the ability of the player.

The player has a huge problem if he is still at Everton after deadline day. I don't believe Koeman will use him in the team, he had reservations about him last season when he had limited options.
This year we have Klaasen, Rooney and Sigurdsson all operating in the same area of the pitch as Ross.

Exactly
If you look at the options for a front 3 behind the striker we have
Rooney , Siggy , Klassen ,Sandro , Davies , Lookman ,Bolassie (when fit ) ,Mirallas , Lennon
All players who want to be here so I can't see ROSS who doesn't want to be here getting much game time.
If he stays and signs then maybe he might force his way into contention

This idea that someone would leave a job because they were faced with criticism from their boss is as dumb as it gets.

Any person that wants to do well in his or her occupation should be RECEPTIVE to criticism. Heck, they should encourage it. Koeman has been doing this for while, he knows what he wants in players, so for anyone to even suggest he wasn't up front with Ross about what he wanted from him and just bashing him in the press is just silly.

Look, everyone need to adapt their game a bit to a new manager. For Ross, I'm sorry, but hanging on to the ball for 90 minutes a game far from goal is not how Ronnie wants him to play. He wants him closer to goal and more decisive with his play. That's it. The fact that he wants to leave Everton because of that, shows you what kind of blue he really is.

And honestly, what else would you have him do? Where else would Ross play? I'd do exactly the same thing. He's not a DCM. He's not. He can't tackle worth a darn, he can't mark anyone, he's not going to intercept passes suddenly, he's not bloody Gana or Morgan or even Davies.

He has all the skills of an effective attacking player, but I find NO PROBLEM with Ronnie trying to get him to stay up top and not come back for the ball so often. THAT BEING SAID, if Ross would just stop being a child for 5 seconds, he'd realize that he won't need to come back for the ball on this club anymore. He can trust his teammates because with Rooney, Siggy, Klaassen, they've dramatically improved. Also, you don't think Koeman is going to have a different attitude THIS season? I'm surprised he didn't kill himself last year the squad was so thin.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt at first. I wondered if we'd taken the piss with the contract or something or if he had some private issues. If these stories from this afternoon are true then I can't defend him any longer. He's at his boyhood club and is being offered £100k a week to hang around, all he's got to do is prove the manager wrong. So what if he doesn't really get on with him? Loads of people aren't best mates with their boss, that's life.

Pull yourself together, Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.