2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this hard to believe.

First. Barkley is playing in a highly competitive professional sport, is extremely well paid and is regarded as a player with quality above the ordinary. He is an international player where the standard is even higher again.
Are we to believe that he cannot cope with the demands of the sport that he has chosen as his career?
Has he spent his entire career surrounded by coaches offering nothing but praise until Koeman arrived.

Can you imagine then how managers like Pochettino, Conte and Wenger would assess news like that ?

...it's always been my assumption that he was the centre of the Everton universe under Martinez, given little or no team responsibility when the opposition had the ball and constantly described as a phenomenal talent. That changed under Koeman because he wants more from his footballers. These lads have enormous belief and Barkley's ego has taken a bashing. He's no longer Everton's main man and has been discarded by England.

TBH Koeman did single out Barkley more than any other player last season, even though he was probably one of our best players for a period of time. Koeman wouldn't publicly criticise the likes of Williams or even Lukaku after poor performances the same way he did with Barkley. I agree though that Barkley needs to grow up.
Williams improved our defensive record when he signed and let's be honest at his age there's not a lot of room for improvement.
Rom scored goals , that was what he was paid for and let's be honest here if JC himself came down off the cross he couldn't improve Roms ball control, hold up play , passing or pressing.
ROSS however has nearly all the tools to be a top player and Koeman recognised this and wanted to make him into the player we all knew he is capable of
ROSS however seemingly lacks the brains and the balls to be that player
I still hope he stays though

I find this hard to believe.

First. Barkley is playing in a highly competitive professional sport, is extremely well paid and is regarded as a player with quality above the ordinary. He is an international player where the standard is even higher again.
Are we to believe that he cannot cope with the demands of the sport that he has chosen as his career?
Has he spent his entire career surrounded by coaches offering nothing but praise until Koeman arrived.

Can you imagine then how managers like Pochettino, Conte and Wenger would assess news like that ?

But has it not got something to do with pegging some gangland crime lords missus or something?
Did I dream that?

...it's always been my assumption that he was the centre of the Everton universe under Martinez, given little or no team responsibility when the opposition had the ball and constantly described as a phenomenal talent. That changed under Koeman because he wants more from his footballers. These lads have enormous belief and Barkley's ego has taken a bashing. He's no longer Everton's main man and has been discarded by England.

And if Barkley was of the character we need in and around our squad, then he'd be busting a gut to prove Koeman wrong and show he's the main man. But no, we have a young man throwing the toys out of the pram sulking.

You saw for the goal on Saturday when Sandro got the ball and was feeding DCL the switch went on in Rooney "I've got to get in the box". With Barks that cross would be coming in and he be on the 18 yard line looking for a pullback. Alli at Spurs has got that too, the desire to get in the box and score goals. Ross needs to find that.

I think that was Levys intention all along.
RK knew this and that's why he said that if a lowball offer comes in it won't be accepted.
Spurs may still bid low even with the injury
they can do one. rather let him leave on a free than strengthen a rival when we're meant to be pushing for top 6

You saw for the goal on Saturday when Sandro got the ball and was feeding DCL the switch went on in Rooney "I've got to get in the box". With Barks that cross would be coming in and he be on the 18 yard line looking for a pullback. Alli at Spurs has got that too, the desire to get in the box and score goals. Ross needs to find that.

..I said similar some time ago about Barkley needing to watch Frank Lampard. These fellas are the real top footballers.

Williams improved our defensive record when he signed and let's be honest at his age there's not a lot of room for improvement.
Rom scored goals , that was what he was paid for and let's be honest here if JC himself came down off the cross he couldn't improve Roms ball control, hold up play , passing or pressing.
ROSS however has nearly all the tools to be a top player and Koeman recognised this and wanted to make him into the player we all knew he is capable of
ROSS however seemingly lacks the brains and the balls to be that player
I still hope he stays though
Also Koeman did criticise Lukaku at times, saying he could help him improve his work rate and running off the ball. He only said he could not help improve his finishing. He dropped Jags and if I remember correctly suggested his form had dipped. The big difference is that Jags put his head down and worked to get back in the team. Barkely improved last season under Koeman once he stopped sulking and Koeman also praised a number of his performances, he wanted Ross to consistently deliver performances at his best. It seems that Ross didn't fancy that amount of work or effort. If he can swallow his pride and get his ego in check, and commit to proving Koeman wrong then I hope he stays. The main issue with Ross is his inability to 'think' for 90 minutes, Koeman knows he can't do Ross's thinking for him and Ross is at an age now where if he can't fix this he never will.

Barkley is right in a sense. If an employer defamed an employee this publicly, they would have the crap sued out of them. Barkley happens to be a public figure so he is open to criticism, but Koeman is hurting Barkley's chances in the England squad by publicly slamming him. Koeman should have kept everything in house. Personally, I think Koeman's tough love approach was effective, but it soured their relationship in the long run.

Every in

He is a total vagina if this is the case, what a joke, any tard could tell it was Koemans attempt to take his game to a more consistent level. Total cop out if he is using that excuse. Hope he has a change of heart when he is off the blob.

Who had deluded Ross...

Barkley is right in a sense. If an employer defamed an employee this publicly, they would have the crap sued out of them. Barkley happens to be a public figure so he is open to criticism, but Koeman is hurting Barkley's chances in the England squad by publicly slamming him. Koeman should have kept everything in house. Personally, I think Koeman's tough love approach was effective, but it soured their relationship in the long run.

I disagree with this, Koeman was asked by the press and gave his opinion. He never went out the way to have ago; and it got to a point were he was getting asked questions every week that he refused to answer anymore. But like you've alluded to though it worked, because we seen a Ross with a fire in his belly after xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.