Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The first thing I would like to confirm is that I left Everton on very good terms and have nothing but good things to say about the club and the people working there,” states Sheedy.

“The reason I left was simple. The challenge of coming to a country like Saudi Arabia and trying to adapt to something entirely different at this stage of my career appealed.

“I fancied playing abroad during my playing career and that never happened, so this opportunity was presented to me and I felt like it was something I had to have a go at.

“Mike Newell (former Everton striker) is involved with Al-Shabab and he was keen to get me working with the club’s junior players and so far, it has been an incredible experience.”

Yeah, somehow I'm more inclined to believe it also had something to do with $$$

Was thinking that myself as I was reading it lol

The reality is that ronald is not going anywhere in the near future lads so get used to it. Some of you might even consider supporting him

Depends on what you mean by "near future" :)

My money is on him not being here for the start of next season.

Unless we get involved in the relegation fight when it begins in earnest over the next two months or so in which case he will be out before the Christmas trees go up.

Or.....if we make the CL next season and he gets to see his contract out ;)

Top 4 is definitely not out of the realm of possibility, but we can't play games negatively with the squad that we have. This starts with turning draws into wins and approaching away games with an attacking intent. 4 away wins isn't nearly good enough for a team that has champions league aspirations. Take care of the bottom 12 and try to sneak a couple of wins against the top 6.

Top 4 is definitely not out of the realm of possibility, but we can't play games negatively with the squad that we have. This starts with turning draws into wins and approaching away games with an attacking intent. 4 away wins isn't nearly good enough for a team that has champions league aspirations. Take care of the bottom 12 and try to sneak a couple of wins against the top 6.
I wish I could share your optimism over our chances of attaining a top 4 position. The moment we failed to get an adequate replacement for Rom, are chances for a top 4 finish nosedived. We have already been taken apart by united, Chelsea and Spurs and were lucky to get a point at city (due to our negative second half performance). To attain a top 4 position you have to take points off the other top 6 teams, one point out of 12 suggests we won't.

No chance what so ever of us finishing in the top four.

Just get out

I think that could make things even worse.I don't think where at the stage where we need to rip it up and start again yet.I think writing off the season now and putting Unsy in charge for the rest of the season could be a very destructive move.Im not convinced by Koeman at all.But i still think he should be given the time to turn things around.Things might have been different if he got that striker he wanted.Of course some of the new signings are still getting used to this league.If it turns out he is too vain to learn from his mistakes just like Roberto Martinez then of course i would want him out.God if this place was around in the early 80's then Howard Kendall would have been sacked in winter 1983.I just think the best course of action for now is to see if Koeman can turn this situation around.

image.jpeg
Just poured a pint of carling Prem.
Made me think of this massive headed bell..

I wish I could share your optimism over our chances of attaining a top 4 position. The moment we failed to get an adequate replacement for Rom, are chances for a top 4 finish nosedived. We have already been taken apart by united, Chelsea and Spurs and were lucky to get a point at city (due to our negative second half performance). To attain a top 4 position you have to take points off the other top 6 teams, one point out of 12 suggests we won't.
If Leicester can win the league, we can reach top 4. I expect to see a lot of upsets and results in the league (to specify: the lower sides) against the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal, and so far Tottenham hasn't been the most convincing. It all comes down to how we approach the very winnable fixtures. We should be in the hunt if we improve our away record and equal our home tally. If Koeman decides he want to continue with his stupid lineups, we won't be anywhere near top 4.

Last edited:
If Leicester can win the league, we can reach top 4. I expect to see a lot of upsets and results in the league (to specify: the lower sides) against the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal, and so far Tottenham hasn't been the most convincing. It all comes down to how we approach the very winnable fixtures. We should be in the hunt if we improve our away record and equal our home tally. If Koeman decides he want to continue with his stupid lineups, we won't be anywhere near top 4.
Leicester had Jamie Vardy up front. We don't have a goalscorer anywhere near that calibre, hence back to my original point, that is why we won't get top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.