Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most concerning thing for me is I think we look a better team without Klaasen, Sigurdsson, Rooney and Williams but we've blown over £70 million on them.

Klaasen played though and nearly got an assist, had Doms header gone in. He was in the box just behind Dom for the first goal in a good position. Most importantly though, Sunderland are not City, Spurs, Utd or Chelsea, not even Atalanta, they are are really struggling championship side, who rested a load of players.

Still it will be interesting to see if Koeman thought anybody who played tonight has done enough to warrant a call up saturday.

Very welcome result for everyone considering our recent form. Not the strongest opposition we'll face, but we've come unstuck against similar opposition at this stage in cup competitions before (and I'm sure we will again) so I'm happy with a comfortable win.

Interesting to see who keeps their place for the weekend

Klaasen played though and nearly got an assist, had Doms header gone in. He was in the box just behind Dom for the first goal in a good position. Most importantly though, Sunderland are not City, Spurs, Utd or Chelsea, not even Atalanta, they are are really struggling championship side, who rested a load of players.

Still it will be interesting to see if Koeman thought anybody who played tonight has done enough to warrant a call up saturday.
I wasn't talking about last night particularly just in general. Would we be losing any sleep if those 4 weren't in the team?

The most concerning thing for me is I think we look a better team without Klaasen, Sigurdsson, Rooney and Williams but we've blown over £70 million on them.

I think there are only 3 places for:

1. Klassen / Davies
2. Sigurdsson / Rooney
3. Williams / Jags / Holgate (centre defence)

Klassen is like a no.10 or alternate for Schneiderlin when we need to be more 'productive' and Sigurdsson and Rooney can't play in the same team in my opinion - too slow

Sandro, Vlasic, Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon and Bolasie should all compete for 2 places.

DCL, Rooney and Sandro for 1 place

There, sorted.

1. Klassen / Davies
2. Sigurdsson / Rooney

Klassen is like a no.10 or alternate for Schneiderlin when we need to be more 'productive' and Sigurdsson and Rooney can't play in the same team in my opinion - too slow

Sandro, Vlasic, Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon and Bolasie should all compete for 2 places.

There, sorted.

I'd agree, and my preference will always be Davies, Sigurdsson, Jags and DCL. I can also accept Rooney playing out wide as long as the other position is filled by Vlasic/Lookman/Mirallas/Bolasie and not bloody Klaassen who should be a Davies/Sig alternative.

1. Klassen / Davies
2. Sigurdsson / Rooney

There, sorted.

You could call that weakness in depth.

Saying it's ridiculous to say we can finish top 4 this season.

But says we have ambition but know that it will take time with lots of new players and lots of young players. Got to be realistic but being realistic is sometimes difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.