Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I don't disagree, think of the 2nd half against Sunderland early in the season where we broke with real purpose and direction. Last night was a missed opportunity. Spurs or the Reds would've finished them off. I'm wondering why Lookman seems to have lost favour, it looked an ideal set up for him.

agreed mate, if Lookman comes on instead of CL I think we win that game last night 3-1. really poor useage of subs from Koeman last night, invited the pressure on and in the end it was the pressure which caused a mistake.

A performance millions better than Saturday but left me frustrated with so many aspects of it. Chances to win at grounds like OT are very few and far between so when an opportunity was passed up like last night I really struggle to take any positives from it.

That hushing thing he did to Williams last night, I've seen him do it before to Coleman earlier on in the season, Coleman had a right go at him over something and Lukaku done his hushing routine, thought at the time it was a crap thing to do.

Was he hushing Williams or wagging his finger? I genuinely couldn't tell. If hushing, I think it's disrespectful. If wagging his fingers, I can understand it seeing how Williams was reacting.

He's the best player we have at the club but we have a lot of bang average footballers so it doesn't speak volumes.
I've said it from the first season he was here, an incredible profile for a goalscorer. But his form dips in big games probably due to a lack of skill.
Would be nice if he stays this season and the club actually builds a team around him, another pacey forward with good energy and technique alongside him and I think he would score week in, week out.

Was he hushing Williams or wagging his finger? I genuinely couldn't tell. If hushing, I think it's disrespectful. If wagging his fingers, I can understand it seeing how Williams was reacting.
Not sure what he was doing last night not seen it, but the incident involving Coleman earlier in the season was definitely a bushing gesture

Because I don't consider it a win when we sell our best players

Depends on the situation, if Rom wants out then theirs no point keeping him when we could get £75 million to reinvest in the squad.

You get the feeling with the Williams thing and his comments in Belgium about having less pressure playing for Belgium as he's playing with good players that he's slowly thinking he's bigger than the club and his team mates, if he stays great we keep a top quality player but if he go's the dressing room is probably more positive and the new signings all come in with the desire to play for EFC and buy into the long term project.

All the Costa shouts, he turns up against big sides, if he doesn't score he plays boss still. Difference is If Costa doesn't turn up for a few games they have a Hazard, Fabregas, Wilian to help out. Where we have a Mirallas, Barkley, Calvert-Lewin to try n step up if Roms game is off.

Depends on the situation, if Rom wants out then theirs no point keeping him when we could get £75 million to reinvest in the squad.

You get the feeling with the Williams thing and his comments in Belgium about having less pressure playing for Belgium as he's playing with good players that he's slowly thinking he's bigger than the club and his team mates, if he stays great we keep a top quality player but if he go's the dressing room is probably more positive and the new signings all come in with the desire to play for EFC and buy into the long term project.

Until the Williams thing I've never seen anything to suggest that's he's not well liked. So back to you talking tosh

Reactions: DRM
Just playing Devil's advocate here, but maybe he doesn't score that many against the top sides because of the way we set -up against them, quite defensive and he then gets isolated, playing with his back to goal etc, whereas against the crapper teams we set -up to be more attacking therefore he's on the front foot running on to through balls etc?

Thats exactly what teams will do against Chelsea and not just the crap teams. They will go and put 11 men behind the ball and there will be no room to move and it all gets congested. Thats when you need the Hazard's, Fabregas' and the like with a quick brain and skill to match but unfortunately this is where Rom struggles as he needs space. Thats why I cant see him replacing Costa as Costa is superb at protecting the ball but he's also a very good footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.