Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to build a team around him. I think in honesty there's a lot of defence mechanism going up from some of our fans in anticipation of a move, and because of his comments, but we're onto an ace thing here and replacing him is gonna be a nightmare.

He does my head in too sometimes but we got to appreciate him while we can. His poor games this week should resonate that there's still distance he needs to grow at Everton, or he could alternatively try and blame it on inferior team mates and he needs better service. Who knows.

Sharp and Heath, now that was a partnership.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
I'll admit that his comments can cloud my judgement on him, simply because I'm thinking "he doesn't even want to be here".
His agent needs to have a word with him and tell him, he won't get a top club that'll play to his strengths the way we do. Unless the agent doesn't care and it's all about the $.

Seen some top players for us but, Sharpy is my favourite. His game changed for Gary L and so scored less but, his hold up play was top drawer and not many better than him.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
I'll admit that his comments can cloud my judgement on him, simply because I'm thinking "he doesn't even want to be here".
His agent needs to have a word with him and tell him, he won't get a top club that'll play to his strengths the way we do. Unless the agent doesn't care and it's all about the $.

Seen some top players for us but, Sharpy is my favourite. His game changed for Gary L and so scored less but, his hold up play was top drawer and not many better than him.
Is right lid. I can't stand any player of ours being into Everton less than I am but I suppose that's unrealistic nowadays. Look at Arsenal at the moment where Sanchez and Ozil are playing them over contracts. We live in an age of player power, there'll be much of this shiz too. That we've had a young striker averaging 20+ goals for four seasons pleases me, whatever we have to do to prolong that we should do. It's a position where that level of performance is extremely hard/expensive to replace.

Loved Sharp too. The player I wanted to be. Although I remember Sharp taking loads of stick from the end of the eighties on. We're an unforgiving bunch, but I love us.

Rom has been poor in the last two games and the situation last night with Williams wasnt good either, I wonder if its a attitude problem he has that has been made worse over the last week or so by Moshiri/Koeman telling him he is going nowhere in the summer and he isnt happy about it?
Non existent against RS but so was everyone. Thought he put in a shift against Utd. Made the wrong decusion on the break a few times but so did Kev and Ross. Certainly dont think he's hung up his boots yet like last year. At worst I think he'll have a persinal desire to top the scoring charts which may make him more greedy than usual.

Why would you think selling the best striker we've had in 30 years would improve us mate?

It very rarely works that way.

I would love us to keep him mate not going to lie im one of his biggest fans but he's no Suarez/Messi who can single handedly change games and if he does leave we'll move on. If we reinvest the money correctly we can certainly push on under Koeman imo

We really need his goals Sunday because I fear they will score first and early.

He is committed to the club now and that is all that matters. He put a shift in Tuesday with very little support. He should have passed more but he is a striker.

I'm not worried about his head at this point. Look st what he said in the recent interview.

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but maybe he doesn't score that many against the top sides because of the way we set -up against them, quite defensive and he then gets isolated, playing with his back to goal etc, whereas against the crapper teams we set -up to be more attacking therefore he's on the front foot running on to through balls etc?

This is the crux.

But, in fairness, until we have better personnel all around the field we'll kind of have to play 'that way' against top sides to stop our slow defence being exposed.

Injuries crippled the squad those last few games.

Throw Coleman and Snides in and we're playing a completely different game I reckon.

But crap happens.

This is the crux.

But, in fairness, until we have better personnel all around the field we'll kind of have to play 'that way' against top sides to stop our slow defence being exposed.

Injuries crippled the squad those last few games.

Throw Coleman and Snides in and we're playing a completely different game I reckon.

But crap happens.

I know we go on about it a bit much, but that quality number 10 is what we're still screaming out for, someone who can put their foot on the ball and make things happen when we're not playing well, who can keep possession and slow things down when our backs are against the wall, we'll probably have to break the bank to get one in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.