Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
'We achieved great things'. Struggling to remember what those things were. Is he really talking about 5th place as great?
He always was one for the superlative when an ordinary word would do.

It's not 'achievement' as such, but take a look at what we have right now in terms of points won. If we win all our remaining games between now and the end of the season it would equal the 2013/14 season total.

Now that WAS phenomenal. :bye:

Funny, isn't it? Players, even the top ones, can find it harder to score against the best teams. But yeah, let's sell the utter fraud and buy two replacements who are boss in fifa.

For me, it's not about the goals. As said ad nauseum, he's a fantastic goalscorer.

It's that he doesn't turn up at all against the top sides far more often than his peers. I mean that in terms of general play. Even when he's scored, like against City in the 1-1, he's been anonymous except for that and it's meant us conceding possession over and over again. Ditto in the 3-2 loss to Spurs, where he scored but Kane was a miles ahead of him in performance.

He has streaks where Lukaku is genuinely unplayable, and he did at the turn of the year - but my view of him that they are too few and far between, and that's why the side as a whole can't play consistently well, because you don't have the reliable outball or gameplan that a better technical striker allows you to develop.

Funny, isn't it? Players, even the top ones, can find it harder to score against the best teams. But yeah, let's sell the utter fraud and buy two replacements who are boss in fifa.

If he is flat track bully like sky etc say the stats would of been paraded about in every paper and sports show, knew he was no different to anyone else.

To the folks believing an unknown Italian journo claiming Lukaku to Chelsea is done for £65m it is worth remembering that Paul Joyce, one of the few competent football journalists with strong EFC connections despite being a Kopite, says we turned down £70m for him from them last summer...

When will we learn that a one up front against the top 6 teams just wont work. The media pap on about barklay and developing as he is still young
Lukaku is only 23 years old ..... We need to sign better players to play around him look at the kopites front line about 4 of them can score for fun from anywere. Lukaku would be magnificent in any of the top 4 teams as he has quality around him. Hope he signs hope he stays hope we sign the quality needed, also hope koeman doesnt leave him upfront anymore for christs sake play Lookman up there with him

When will we learn that a one up front against the top 6 teams just wont work. The media pap on about barklay and developing as he is still young
Lukaku is only 23 years old ..... We need to sign better players to play around him look at the kopites front line about 4 of them can score for fun from anywere. Lukaku would be magnificent in any of the top 4 teams as he has quality around him. Hope he signs hope he stays hope we sign the quality needed, also hope koeman doesnt leave him upfront anymore for christs sake play Lookman up there with him

Lookman isn't a striker though.

Koeman started the derby with Calvert-Lewin (a striker) up top alongside Rom.

Lookman isn't a striker though.

Koeman started the derby with Calvert-Lewin (a striker) up top alongside Rom.

I know with Mirrallas sat on the bench, lookman is incredibly quick he takes a lot off pressure off lukaku as did mirrallas in the derby but to late to do anything, Ross was knackered against man u and was about 15 yards behind rom everytime we went forward, lukaku is being made to look like Bob Latchford with koemans selection and subs

Ah, FIFA scouting. Does my head in.

And why let mere facts get in the way of a good slating session eh?

He always was one for the superlative when an ordinary word would do.

It's not 'achievement' as such, but take a look at what we have right now in terms of points won. If we win all our remaining games between now and the end of the season it would equal the 2013/14 season total.

Now that WAS phenomenal. :bye:
1/ Not an achievement at all

2/ Not a Martinez thread

I know with Mirrallas sat on the bench, lookman is incredibly quick he takes a lot off pressure off lukaku as did mirrallas in the derby but to late to do anything, Ross was knackered against man u and was about 15 yards behind rom everytime we went forward, lukaku is being made to look like Bob Latchford with koemans selection and subs

Erm, I wouldn't say Lookman is that rapid tbh. He's not a striker and doesn't have that physicality.

Lewin has done fine against the 'lesser' sides but lacked the experience both in the derby and against United.

Valencia is arguably the best bet we have of giving 'proper' support to Rom.

Kev as well, but only if he plays right as a second-striker.

Martial cost United £40m 2 years ago, rising to £58m. In the incredibly unlikely event that Man United sell him, he will go for just as much Lukaku. Despite being nowhere near his level yet. 39 club goals compared to 141, and only a year or two younger than him.

Martial didn't cost 58m mate... who on earth pays that for an untested 19 year old? He was 36m

Erm, I wouldn't say Lookman is that rapid tbh. He's not a striker and doesn't have that physicality.

Lewin has done fine against the 'lesser' sides but lacked the experience both in the derby and against United.

Valencia is arguably the best bet we have of giving 'proper' support to Rom.

Kev as well, but only if he plays right as a second-striker.

You dont need to be physical when you are as quick as Lookman is time we saw more of him

Status
Not open for further replies.