Roberto Vs Ronald

Who was the more betterer of them as Everton manager?

• Koeman

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • Martinez

Votes: 205 58.6%
  • Red Leicester cheese on lovely toasted wholegrain bread

Votes: 89 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez bought Besic, Hennen and Mori.

Probably better than Schneiderlin, Calvert Lewis and Williams.

And then there are the ones the jury is out on.

Klassen, Sandro, Bolassie.

But anyway Ian.....I am not bald but I still ain’t fighting over no comb :blush:

This thread is about Roberto v Ronald.

It ain’t like we are debating Pep v Jose, innit :p

Just be happy another fraud is gone and live in the moment :pint2:

Martinez bought Mcgeady and a whole host of crap.

He also wanted Ba and came away with Lukaku.
Yeah, they both have form for signing duds. It's almost funny. At least we have been able to make some coin from selling RM's. I'm not sure which of RK's are sellable.

Koeman by miles, problem is these bad results are fresh and at the front of our minds, but dont forget what a mess Martinez made, he just got lucky that he took over a stable Moyes side, and turned into into a bottom half of the table team, full on Mike Walker Mk2 but like Brendan Rodgers he had a striker to bail him out

Koeman by miles, problem is these bad results are fresh and at the front of our minds, but dont forget what a mess Martinez made, he just got lucky that he took over a stable Moyes side, and turned into into a bottom half of the table team, full on Mike Walker Mk2 but like Brendan Rodgers he had a striker to bail him out

overly simplified and very churlish to write off that first season as just luck

the attitude we took into those games in his first season clearly came from the manager....we obviously had some poor games too but it felt like we could take on and beat most. the long winning streak was fantastic.

it just felt better than the vast majority of seasons since we last won a cup.

it of course went to pot over the next two seasons but whether he was lucky or not to get the solid base of that defence, he still made a marked difference in our attitude to attack and our attitude to games overall in that first season.

When things were going well for the team, it was hard not to love that handsome Spaniard. His positivity was easy to swallow when we finished with tons of points and in 5th place. It became an undigestable lump of potato--a turgid rotting joke-of-a-potato when we'd lose to Hull City and he'd use the word "phenomenal." That made me want to refund my dinner.

Koeman was a bit more even-keeled across the board, finishing 7th, he wasn't gushing, and even after some disastrous defeats there was little spin. Points-wise, best-finish-wise, it obviously goes to Martinez, but I'd prefer my managers to be a bit more judicious and sobering in their assessments of where we are as a team and where we need to be. I tend to like those who will always say things like "Still more work to do..." "work in progress"...this seems to set realistic expectations.

One thing for sure: that speech by Roberto marking the 25th year since Hillsborough...that was moving and I couldn't have wished for a better or different manager at that point.

Koemans cup record was disgusting.
He also had no belief going in to games against those above us.

Martinez failed and was disastrous at the end but we had a poor Lukaku performance from FA Cup glory and some memorable performances against United, Arsenal and Chelsea. It was the lower sides like Palace, West Brom and Liverpool that where so head scratching.

Koeman gave us a 4-0 v City.
Lukaku and Barkley swatted the poor sides at home in the league. That was that. Sold off the best players and replaced with overpriced dross.
Currently look as clueless as under Mike Walker. Given the finances he had he is the worst manager in the club's history.

Koemans cup record was disgusting.
He also had no belief going in to games against those above us.

Martinez failed and was disastrous at the end but we had a poor Lukaku performance from FA Cup glory and some memorable performances against United, Arsenal and Chelsea. It was the lower sides like Palace, West Brom and Liverpool that where so head scratching.

Koeman gave us a 4-0 v City.
Lukaku and Barkley swatted the poor sides at home in the league. That was that. Sold off the best players and replaced with overpriced dross.
Currently look as clueless as under Mike Walker. Given the finances he had he is the worst manager in the club's history.

Lower sides like Palace West Brom and Liverpool.lol Beautiful dig that at our neighbours.Seriously though anyone that says Koeman was a better manager than Martinez, has a case of serious blinkers.We had one solid but pretty boring and underwhelming season with Koeman.He then spent 140 million smackers in the summer, for the worst start to a season since Mike Walker.Bear in mind that i am one of Martinez's biggest critics here.But the notion that Roberto Martinez, is a worse Everton manager than Ronald Koeman is a load of balls.

Martinez was a failure, and i was driven mental by him at the end.But a worse Everton manager than Ronald Koeman not at all.I heralded Koeman arrival as the man who will be remembered as our finest manager since the late great Howard Kendall.Instead Koeman leaves our beloved club as a failure, he also leaves our club as a worse Everton manager than Roberto Martinez.It really is that simple for me.At least Martinez never showed up for a press conference looking like a drunken bum, harassing you for change in the street.Martinez also got Everton.He understood how special this club is.All Koeman did while he was here was have wet dreams about the Barcelona job and bore us to tears in the process.

Martinez's first season was great. Koeman's was decent. Both were awful after that point so Martinez gets it because of that first season.

#72pointGloryDays

Koeman easily. He dealt himself the impossible hand with the amount of new signings and trying to get them to play together. It was always going to be difficult.

Martinez was just horrendously awful at getting a very talented squad to play together. He was responsible for the worst Everton performance I've ever seen in my life time. For that alone I place him worse than Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.