Roberto Vs Ronald

Who was the more betterer of them as Everton manager?

• Koeman

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • Martinez

Votes: 205 58.6%
  • Red Leicester cheese on lovely toasted wholegrain bread

Votes: 89 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bicycleheader

Brahms Third Racket
I don't know how arsed I'll be to post in this myself but don't wanna derail the gripping discussion of the next possible manager to fail to win us a trophy.

I maintain Ronald bowing out early in his second season with the team in the bottom 3 having only delivered one okay generally dull season, is worse than Robertos time at the club considering the first season he gave us and the decent cup runs which of course did end in horrible failure. Very good + poor + terrible is better than good+terrible(or too short to rate) would be my equation.

Neither of them were obviously good enough though.

I'll field your Q in here @ianefc

So a season (taking a team from 6th to 5th) is V Good, yet taking a team from 11th to 7th is OK??

No. A highly enjoyable season watching us take on teams and attack like crazy at times and still be in with a good chance of top 4 at the business end of the season was a very good season to me. Organising a bunch of Prem league footballers, of whom the majority were decent but severely underperforming or just not trying and one of them a top goalscorer, to get them to finish above some pretty poor teams was....OK. Decent/Good at best. Just my opinion

I don't know how arsed I'll be to post in this myself but don't wanna derail the gripping discussion of the next possible manager to fail to win us a trophy.

I maintain Ronald bowing out early in his second season with the team in the bottom 3 having only delivered one okay generally dull season, is worse than Robertos time at the club considering the first season he gave us and the decent cup runs which of course did end in horrible failure. Very good + poor + terrible is better than good+terrible(or too short to rate) would be my equation.

Neither of them were obviously good enough though.

I'll field your Q in here @ianefc

No. A highly enjoyable season watching us take on teams and attack like crazy at times and still be in with a good chance of top 4 at the business end of the season was a very good season to me. Organising a bunch of Prem league footballers, of whom the majority were decent but severely underperforming or just not trying and one of them a top goalscorer, to get them to finish above some pretty poor teams was....OK. Decent/Good at best. Just my opinion

Martinez got 72 points, the last 16 of the europa league and two cup semi finals.But having us in mid table that season when Leicester won the league was unforgivable though!Mind you that's balanced out by Koeman spending 140 million quid to have us in the relegation zone.I was a very vocal critic of Martinez and i stand over everything i said about him.But Roberto Martinez was a better Everton manager than Ronald Koeman.Sure it all went to crap in the end.But we had more fun moments with Martinez than we did with Koeman.

Roberto by a mile. Quite flawed but you knew what his style was and what he was trying to do (in fairness to him, even Guardiola struggled to do this at City with much better players). Plus his first season was the most enjoyable season in a long time, that game where we went 1-0 down and Howard was sent off was a standout for me as we threw absolutely everything at them and came off to a huge deserved ovation.

But still gave us a very enjoyable season, one of the best in all these years of misery since 95.

I think Koeman did a good job with a Prem League squad that didn't seemed arsed playing for their manager any more but it wasn't anything very special. Pretty forgettable most of it.
66.66666% of Martinez time here was an utter disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.