Return Of The 'Ammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayee, Upton Park is a district of the London Borough of Newham, so is East Ham, West Ham, Plaistow & a couple of others. When you go to the Boleyn by tube Upton Park station is approx 300 meters away from the ground down Green Street. This is the street that the ridiclous football hooligan film is named after.
The Boleyn is the correct name of the ground and is named after a big house that stood on the site or next to the ground up to approx 100 years ago. Apparently Anne Boleyn resided in the house before her marriage to Henry VII. There is also a pub on the junction of Green Street opposite the World Cup statue that is called The Boleyn.

It does bug me a little when you hear the so called experts say Upton Park is the home of West Ham.

It was Henry the 8th!!

Also I hate Zola, when he was playing always seemed to score against us, he was a sort of nemesis for us.

I've always liked the Hammers.

I think it goes back to when I was a kid and their name used to spell WHAM at the top of the screen in the live matches.

sweets_wham-431x300.jpg

Hayee, Upton Park is a district of the London Borough of Newham, so is East Ham, West Ham, Plaistow & a couple of others. When you go to the Boleyn by tube Upton Park station is approx 300 meters away from the ground down Green Street. This is the street that the ridiclous football hooligan film is named after.
The Boleyn is the correct name of the ground and is named after a big house that stood on the site or next to the ground up to approx 100 years ago. Apparently Anne Boleyn resided in the house before her marriage to Henry VII. There is also a pub on the junction of Green Street opposite the World Cup statue that is called The Boleyn.

It does bug me a little when you hear the so called experts say Upton Park is the home of West Ham.

That's it !!!

It was Henry the 8th!!

Also I hate Zola, when he was playing always seemed to score against us, he was a sort of nemesis for us.

Rob, Sorry I missed of a I roman numerical. I can barely type in English so have little chance in roman numericals.

The other pub quiz question that stumps a lot of people is name all the city derbys. The one that usually gets missed is Stoke v Port Vale.
I am sure you all knew this one as you guys do know your football.

Rob, Sorry I missed of a I roman numerical. I can barely type in English so have little chance in roman numericals.

The other pub quiz question that stumps a lot of people is name all the city derbys. The one that usually gets missed is Stoke v Port Vale.
I am sure you all knew this one as you guys do know your football.

I knew it - honest - , but I'm the EGO KING of G.O.T. , so I would .

Status
Not open for further replies.