Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a matter of time for me, paper thin squad with only 2/3 quality players, we now have no money to improve and I’d bet my life on DCL and Rico wanting out this summer

Our run up to New Year looks horrendous and could easily see us in the bottom 5, do these players have the mental strength to dig themselves out of danger, I’d say not looking at the characters in the squad, how will they be mentally if the get hidings like yesterday from the likes of Chelsea / City / Liverpool / Spurs etc

Once the rot kicks in does this manager and squad turn it around?

I’m looking at the table and praying there’s two other sides on top of Norwich who will keep failing to win

Post #1 and some of you laughed at this.

Well how comes the likes of DCL are playing, he shows very little on every match day. Ultimately It’s on the pitch that matters, you can’t tell me some of these players are playing on merit, I bet Rondon tries harder in training than DCL.
I can’t comment on how hard Rondon tries in training but it’s obviously something going on for Iwobi to be playing over Ali. I just don’t think Ali is the answer to keep us up.

Like a lot of you I fear, I'm disgusted with myself and the players for feeling nothing but apathy.
These players don't have a Farrelly moment in them.

Get Big Sam in instead of this guy who was a great footballer but the opposite as far as Manager
Dont tell me Sam got relegated last year but look at his CV with so much success in avoiding relegation many times

Sam was a short term measure that worked, well done there! Moving forward though and just as a reminder at one stage we had one shot on target over three games. That being said I don't believe Sam would have took us down the following season, but the mistake was not to bring Moyes back before Ancelotti, which was a huge gamble for euro footie....and failed!

The club is just a series of unbelievable poor decisions over six years, I don't believe we can move forward until though people making the mistakes have been removed!

Relegation would be a disaster for the club, although we have it in the clubs "strategy" for one season in the Championship? go figure, again unbelievable planning!..... Just look at Leeds 16 years to get back in the top flight, one good season, one crap season so far, Villa mid table, Newcastle will improve now being the richest club in the premiership, Norwich and Watford, Fulham etc., all yo - yo clubs, and Brentford will go down next year. Given our finances we couldn't survive like this?

Am I in the sack Frank club?, who would come in Big Dunc? Unsworth? Alan Pardew? stick for now and look at the rebuild hopefully in the premiership.....but I don't believe it will be :(

The problem is Ali doesn’t ‘fight’ he isn’t going to run round closing people down, he jogs around waiting for the ball. This is a luxury we cannot afford at the moment..

Just described 90% of our playing team, but he has the skill and vision to actually make something happen, that could actually lead to a goal from "open play"

The problem is Ali doesn’t ‘fight’ he isn’t going to run round closing people down, he jogs around waiting for the ball. This is a luxury we cannot afford at the moment..
The only difference is the DA does have a moment of magic in him to change a game. So many wasted chances last night. But to get the best out of him we need others to do the hard work, that’s the problem.

If the next few matches go the way the table suggests they will, we'll be comfortably in the bottom 3 by Watford. They will turn us over all day long and then we're pretty much done.

Obviously yesterday was incredibly dispiriting but even a loss to lowly bottom shelf Burnley isn't super unexpectant not only because of the generally lackluster squad but also due to Everton's appalling away record initially forged by Benitez and the fact we had one natural midfielder playing. We've actually been formidable at home under Frank, and with some players returning like Allan and possibly mina I think we might be able to beat the drop despite the quality of teams that await to be played.

Last edited:
So we need to beat Leicester, Palace, Brentford and either Chelsea or UTD at home to have a chance to stay up.

The Chelsea and UTD games I’d have looked at last season and thought we would get something.

The positives are Leicester, Brentford and Palace don’t really have anything to play for & hopefully Allan and Mina will both be back.

I can’t call UTD on Saturday. Hopefully we get a point at least but after last night I’m drained of optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.