Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need Burnley to lose full stop Thursday (If we don't win), them needing to win final day may put pressure on them (But ive already said i think they will win final day), having 2 teams below us final day (If we don't beat Palace) may help, as off course if we only draw Thursday and they win they are above us on GD, and i can imagine Burnley fans would be thinking Everton will lose at Arsenal if all that came off
We just need to win Thursday and put ourselves into a position where we don't need anything at Arsenal. If we do need anything on the final day, you can bet that Burnley and Leeds will win on the final day.

pretty much what i have been like. 2 teams below us makes a massive difference to the probability

The results needed to send us down are perfectly plausible at this stage though. That's the difference. All it would take now would be something like this....

Everton 1 1 Palace
Villa 1 1 Burnley
Burnley 1 0 Newcastle
Brentford 1 2 Leeds
Arsenal 2 0 Everton

Those are all extremely plausible results.

That's why winning our home game on Thursday is so important. I don't think anyone can see these players getting a result at the emirates, nevermind under huge pressure. Relying on others is a terrible place to be.

We just need to win Thursday and put ourselves into a position where we don't need anything at Arsenal. If we do need anything on the final day, you can bet that Burnley and Leeds will win on the final day.
The way the season has gone, all of the incredible things which have gone against us, added to the self inflicted mess which was created, if we go into the last game of the season needing something, I’d be totally shocked if we didn’t go down in that scenario.

It’s almost as though it’s written in the stars.

The way the season has gone, all of the incredible things which have gone against us, added to the self inflicted mess which was created, if we go into the last game of the season needing something, I’d be totally shocked if we didn’t go down in that scenario.

It’s almost as though it’s written in the stars.
I don’t think we will get another and will be totally reliant on Brentford beating Leeds (or drawing).

We’re now only a few dodgy refereeing decisions from going down.

They just need to find a way to ensure we don’t beat Palace, and gift Leeds or Burnley a win in either of their games and we’re gone. They’re more than capable of that.

We’re lower mid table without the refereeing corruption this season easily

The results needed to send us down are perfectly plausible at this stage though. That's the difference. All it would take now would be something like this....

Everton 1 1 Palace
Villa 1 1 Burnley
Burnley 1 0 Newcastle
Brentford 1 2 Leeds
Arsenal 2 0 Everton

Those are all extremely plausible results.

That's why winning our home game on Thursday is so important. I don't think anyone can see these players getting a result at the emirates, nevermind under huge pressure. Relying on others is a terrible place to be.

Yeah, they are but I don't think Leeds will beat Brentford. burnley will probs get at least a draw out of the two.

i also think we'll probs draw but has much as there is the whole 'its us, we never do it', could you argue that we have actually won this season on the games we really need to so may we will win. just cba to predict that anymore

As much as we look at the watford game that was still a point.
The one that kills me and if the worst happens it will still be burnley. 85th minute slice by godfrey to gift them that winner. 2-2 puts us on 37 and burnley on 32 right now.
That game haunts me.

We’re now only a few dodgy refereeing decisions from going down.

They just need to find a way to ensure we don’t beat Palace, and gift Leeds or Burnley a win in either of their games and we’re gone. They’re more than capable of that.

We’re lower mid table without the refereeing corruption this season easily
We’ve had some proper terrible decisions over the last few weeks, but conspiracy theories are going to look a bit daft.

You think the people who run the PL want Burnley in it over Everton?

If we go down it’s because we are garbage, that’s it.

Yeah, they are but I don't think Leeds will beat Brentford. burnley will probs get at least a draw out of the two.

i also think we'll probs draw but has much as there is the whole 'its us, we never do it', could you argue that we have actually won this season on the games we really need to so may we will win. just cba to predict that anymore

A draw isn't a huge lot of use to us on Thursday. We would still then need to get a point on Sunday to guarantee safety. Look I suppose it's possible we could get a draw, but I would much rather risk the point on Thursday to try and get a winner. We could well find ourselves in a stick or twist position. A point yesterday would have helped us an awful lot. It should still have been achievable at half time.

We've won unexpected home games yes, but in terms of away games, we've won twice all year. Neither was against what I would class a top team. It would highly optimistic to expect a result at the emirates with them chasing CL football.

Status
Not open for further replies.